Survey: Who here is an atheist? Who here still believes in God?

by Christ Alone 295 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

My actual curiousity about God is vanishingly tiny since thousands of years of very smart people before me haven't turned anything up.

I gave up "belief" the way smokers and heroin addicts give up their addiction (you know it's going to be uncomfortable but necessary.)

Superstition is really the generic category of this topic. I mean, really.

If you asked: Who here is Superstitious and who isn't? The same thinking would float to the surface.

If I could throw a switch and go back to being a devout absolute thinker with black and white notions about the universe I could not do it and remain sane.

I've had soooo many conversations in the last 40 years with true believers and it is EXHAUSTING!

Peanut butter in the brain is a good description.

So, the most honest answer is that I can't KNOW and don't. That puts me in the Agnostic category.

But, like I said, my interest in ferreting out hidden secrets from ancient sacred texts is practically nil.

I put it in the same pile with Bigfoot, Area 51 and a living Elvis.

• loosie
    loosie

Atheist but I believe in a soul

• sinis
    sinis

Somewhere between pantheist deist and atheist...

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

CA - who will add up the survey - are you calling on cedars for help or will you present the facts? Would be cool if you presented an overview of all the answers after some days!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Great question! As soon as I figure it out I'll let you know.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Terry's post in a nutshell: Atheist ( Love ya Terry)

I'll tally up the total in a day or so. But it's nothing accurate since not everyone will contribute to this.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

00Dad: Agnostic

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

agnostic atheist

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey, christ, do you put me in the atheist category? Not that it matters. Just curious.

S

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Think he will put you in the agonstic group S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit