Survey: Who here is an atheist? Who here still believes in God?

by Christ Alone 295 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I will believe in God if you really insist, but beliefs fly away fast, so if you want me to put faith and trust in god, so that the belief lasts more than a second or two, you had better prove he exists first, that is a good starting point.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

elderelite, to some of us belief in god is a joke - it's the only way to cope with his refusal to reveal himself in a clear and undeniable manner.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Eric Hoffer's position is a perfect fit for me. A gentle cynic who does not care if there is a god or not. That doesn't mean I don't think the universe is empty of intelligent life or even that some level of intelligence life might be somewhat god like............ but not holy book gods.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'So were you able to quiet thought enough to be just in awareness mode? Samadhi?'

Yah, just awareness. Awareness can be focused on just one thing. I basically took a step out of my mind, left it behind, so to speak. Almost like an astral travel, or astral jump. Wasn't able to hold it that long. I snapped back. Not sure how long i held that. It was about 10 or 12 yrs ago that i had that particular experience.

I had practiced the focused med on a few things: rocks, piece of tree branch, people, for examples. I sometimes used a bit of weed, 2 puffs. I set my target before hand, then went into it.

S

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Agnostic Deist

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

even that some level of intelligence life might be somewhat god like

That is interesting. Think about our knowledge and technology and how an early homo sapien may view us! Think about us wiping away a life threatening infection with a pill or shot. Pictures popping up on little slabs we carry around. Communication at the touch of a finger.

Now think about if there were a people that were even older and had made more advancements. Kind of mind blowing, but some things may indeed appear godlike.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Definite believer.

Loz x

• bigmac
    bigmac

i definitely believe

in McDONALDS---i worshipped today.

• elderelite
    elderelite

UA, i would suggest reading my original post on this thread to put my second one in context ;)

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Think that the posters should answer the original question!

In that way, we may learn something around here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit