What is the purpose of your life as a human being and what are your plans for the future?

by Healthworker 93 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."

Happiness is the goal... to be loved is all important... to find contentment is through love and purpose.

Pursuit of well-being... physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually with God

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

To pass on to my grandchildren all the little things I've learned.

To continue to enjoy birdwatching and to see as many British birds (and visiting wandering strays even from America as possible)

and to stay well and live a long life.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I kinda like the WESTMINSTER CATECHISM

Q. 1. What is the chief end (purpose) of man?
    A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God,and to enjoy him forever.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

caliber

"Happiness is the goal... to be loved is all important... to find contentment is through love and purpose.

Pursuit of well-being... physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually with God"

- love. I agree with that! Love makes all the difference in the world.

Wish you the best! Thanks for sharing!

Stay strong! Love from bro Healhworker!

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Chariklo

Vanderhoven7

God bless you!

Thanks for sharing! And sorry for the short answer.

Stay strong! Love from your brother Healthworker

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

This may sound sickly sweet, and I apologize. But my whole purpose is other people. Not in a religious way necessarily. Just to be there for someone else that needs help. Tolerance and love, man. Tolerance and love.

I've found that I am truly happy when I am helping another person out. Helping them move, giving some food or money, helping get through an addiction, whatever.

My plans for the future are to do this more often. Get involved with more volunteer groups and give whatever I have to give.

And I now accept my crown!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Thanks, Healthworker!

Vanderhoven, that is a lovely post!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Charikio: Thank you.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Christ Alone

"But my whole purpose is other people. Not in a religious way necessarily"

- That statement makes sense for all people, no matter what stand we take. I think doctrine does not matter that much, but how we contribute in our community!

"I've found that I am truly happy when I am helping another person out."

- One simple truth about our lives! You are a good example for all of us! Liked the pic btw, is THAT your wife

Love from your fellow brother healthworker

• Heaven
    Heaven

Anyone else who wants to share their future plans?

Immediate plans: In the new year, begin looking for a different job. The one I have now is a killer. Also attempt to make it to retirement eligibility. I have less than 2 years to go. Continue to take care of my Father's finances and personal needs. I also have to start dealing with my Father's property/assets.

During this time I will begin to evaluate what I plan to do after I make it to retirement eligibility. If I don't make it to retirement eligibility it means one of 2 things has occurred:

a) I died.

b) I was packaged off.

If b) occurs, I will be looking for a new job.

There are probably other plans but I don't have time to think about much else these days. Right now I have....

Job That Ate My Brain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit