What is the purpose of your life as a human being and what are your plans for the future?

by Healthworker 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Proud to present the father of still thinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_9kiS8U46E

He is the author of the "thinkingest" people on earth expression!

Love Healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Chariklo

Thanks Chariklo! Good to have som honest thinking people on board (not thinkingest... as like the father of "still thinking" LOL)

Love Healthworker

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Here are my thoughts. I don't really like this question, same goes for the question about what someone's goals are. Though I know it's not the case here, usually the people who ask you that tend to want you to serve their purpose, to live up to their expectations. Often it was Elders or super "spiritually mature" folks who asked these questions and use it in a way to superficially judge your character. People that want you to serve a purpose that may not really be yours. It's a question that often comes with this undertone of "if you don't know your purpose, I/we will gladly help you out and force our ideas and purpose on you. Don't just waste your life, waste it for us".

Purpose is one of these loaded words. I'm no longer sure that life really has a purpose. We can think about purpose all day long forgetting to just live and appreciate what we have. And even if we think our life does have a purpose many things are far beyond our control.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Thanks for sharing, Sauerkraut!

"I don't really like this question, same goes for the question about what someone's goals are"

- Thanks for your honest view. I agree that it is kind of painful, especially after learning TTATT. Maybe it is a way of creating awarness, so that we do not waste anymore of our precious time!

" Often it was Elders or super "spiritually mature" folks who asked these questions and use it in a way to superficially judge your character. People that want you to serve a purpose that may not really be yours"

- Agree, most elders who asked that question, only used it as an excuse to show how stupid it would be to use your life on anything besides wts activities!

"Purpose is one of these loaded words. I'm no longer sure that life really has a purpose. We can think about purpose all day long forgetting to just live and appreciate what we have. And even if we think our life does have a purpose many things are far beyond our control."

- Yeah, agree again. It is important to appreciate what we have and not forget living.

Stays strong! Live your live til the fullest, Sauerkraut!

Love your friend, Healthworker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit