What is the purpose of your life as a human being and what are your plans for the future?

by Healthworker 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Aware!
    Aware!

Survive and try to leave the world a better place than how I found it, but mainly survival.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

rip van winkle:

"I haven't a clue."

- Thanks Rip, I appreciate your honest answer! Man, once upon a time I thought the meaning was to serve God, for another time I felt it was about work hard and party hard (combined like Charlie Sheen).

Now my purpose is somewhat a mix of many important things! To get enough rest is one of those things!

Love your friend Healthy

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

This is another one that was instilled by the Borg. "You HAVE to HAVE a purpose. We can't just "be" Great trap for people that are looking for the "greater purpose" - it is a question as important as: How many angels can make love on top of a needle (or something like that). This is not being pessimistic, it's how Life works.

We are great "sensorial machines" our bodies catch signals and enjoy some of them and avoid others. That's basically it. Our brain tries to keep us alive and to avoid a premature death. That's it. And then our biological cells want to replicate in form of the next (hopefully) better version of ourselves. That's it.

If you are looking for ways to "fill that sensorial databank", be my guest - I am on the way to get some of these off my list:

http://www.bucketlist.org/ < you will find enough things to keep you occupied for the rest of your Life. A shame that I had to "wake up" with 40 and now I am "behind schedule" with all the things that I want to tick off before I become dust.

This is another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0Cazxj_yc

It doesn't matter - have fun while the ride lasts!

I wish you all the very, very Best and may your deepest, darkest wishes come true...

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

BluePill2

"This is another one that was instilled by the Borg. "

Thanks, Blue!

Yup, I like Borg beer! It is made in Fredrikstad, in Norway! Only drink rooibos now, but in 2 years and 3 months, I will have yet another Borg again: Cheers!

Love bro Healthworker

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My purpose in life? Wow, that is hard to say. I am older and I have been dealing with pain issues the last few years, so sometimes I was doing well just to make it through the day, not a lot of purpose in that. But I am doing better now, so I have started back up with my small business. I fix up and sell furniture and antiques and I find it very creatively fulfilling, but I don't know if that qualifies as my purpose in life. While I was off, I also decided to do something that would give something back to the world. I am volunteering with a program that helps elderly people in the community. I started last month with my first partner. I meet with her once a week in her home to help out with a learning project of her choice. Its kind of like a home bible study, but without religion being involved, LOL. It sort of took me way out of my comfort zone, but I am glad I did it. But it is too soon to say if that is my purpose in life. I am a mom and Grandmother, part of my purpose in life I think. I used to have a corporate kind of career, so its odd to be saying it, but I find purpose just in being a wife. I have a really great husband, who does important work in his career, so I feel I help him do what he does. Its a lot of little things that add up, I guess.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Aware!

"Survive and try to leave the world a better place than how I found it, but mainly survival"

- feel the same! Heard about panic attacks? That is basically a result of us wanting to survive in an enviroment that is too frightening! Can be sorted out with cognitive therapy! Anyways, thanks!

Love from bro Healthworker

• unshackled
    unshackled

To drink beer, eat nuts, and stare blankly at the floor. And to wear pants the least possible.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

LisaRose

Thank you for sharing your story, LisaRose! I feel honored!

"I am older and I have been dealing with pain issues the last few years, so sometimes I was doing well just to make it through the day, not a lot of purpose in that. But I am doing better now, so I have started back up with my small business"

- It is quite amazing to see that we can regain our strength and get rid of pain, even in our older days. I trained a friend of mine once. When we started up, he sat in a wheelchair after a stroke. He could not live home at that point. After 4 months of rehab, he could return home. Today, after two years, he still lives home with his wife! I am happy that you could start up your business again and also help the elderly in your community:

"I am volunteering with a program that helps elderly people in the community. I started last month with my first partner. I meet with her once a week in her home to help out with a learning project of her choice"

" It sort of took me way out of my comfort zone, but I am glad I did it."

- Hu hu, know what you mean. Great that you pushed yourself though!

Thanks again and say hello to your family!

Stay strong! Love from bro healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

unshackled

"To drink beer, eat nuts, and stare blankly at the floor. And to wear pants the least possible"

Thanks for your answer! First of all! Beer is good! Second, nuts are healthy! I am with you!

Love Healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Time to call it the day!

Thanks for all answers, so far! They are much appreciated!

Love from bro Healthworker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit