What is the purpose of your life as a human being and what are your plans for the future?

by Healthworker 93 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Scholar Mary Daly had an interesting take on 'sin'. Researching the Indo-European root for 'sin' came to 'es' meaning 'to be'. She said discovering this etymolgy and then setting it in the context of the world's religions which are nearly all patristic she realized that to 'sin' as a woman was to in the fullest sense 'to be'.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

designs, that was funny.

Healthworker, I have often wondered what the purpose of any of us humans on earth is. My purpose is to enjoy what life I have and read all the good books I can.

Otherwise, life consists of work,eat, sleep, walk the dogs and drink wine. There are, of course, the social obligations. I wish I could just stay home but there are those people who always want you to go somewhere with them. It's great that you have such goals. I would like to visit Spain sometime but it's so far away and everytime I fly I end up getting sick. I am going to start wearing a mask when I get on a plane.

PHG

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

There is no actual purpose to life. It's an accidental wonder. Get the most out of it that you can while remembering you're not the only one here.

My future plans? I figure I've got 20 to 30 years to go, unless I step in front of a bus. I'd like them to be as interesting as possible.

Also enjoying a bit of dolce far niente now after working my whole life.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Hortensia: " It's an accidental wonder" - I guess that is why some people worship.

"My future plans? I figure I've got 20 to 30 years to go, unless I step in front of a bus." - I liked that one. Step in front of a bus. Ha ha, cool. Well, I can give you this advice: Do not destroy your hearing or your eyesight, they are precious in keeping you alive. Also, as you get older, it is important to train your balance. A good balance may prevent you from falling, which can cause broken bones and result in threatening but important surgery! I hope you will enjoy your " dolce far niente" after working hard! Love from brother Healthworker

panhandlegirl: " There are, of course, the social obligations. I wish I could just stay home but there are those people who always want you to go somewhere with them." - Seems to be a good problem you have there

" life consists of work,eat, sleep, walk the dogs and drink wine" - Think I would agree on this to! Like the part with wine - have you tried some amarone wine from Italy? It is expensive but very good (used to drink a lot, but the last 9 months I have only been drinking rooibos tea).

"My purpose is to enjoy what life I have and read all the good books I can" - Have you read any books of Ray Franz. I can recommend in search of christian freedom. Can also recommend any books by Stieg Larsson (sweden) and Jo Nesbø (Norway). Both authors have movies made from their books and they have been shown all over the world.

Love from your bro Healthworker

• cedars
    cedars

I don't know.

Cedars

• elderelite
    elderelite

The survey cedars. Your purpose is the survey! Btw, maybe we talk via pm or email before you do it next year....

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

cedars:" I don't know. "

Ha ha, you made me laugh for at least half a minute. Thanks for your honesty though. I tend to agree with elderelite, that you have your important surveys to conduct! You do a very important job there! Love from your bro Healthworker

• Pterist
    Pterist

The purpose for humanity from the beginning was and is to be made in the image of God. Based on the Christian Greek Scriptures handed down to us, from the ORIGINAL And Only GB, (Paul to the gentile) (James, Peter etc to the Jew), it was further revealed that this was made possible when mankind in Christ died and was resurrected to a New Creation, to a higher quality of life as conceived from eternity.

Our future is the wonderful freedom of being a child of God in eternity, however, the New Life starts now, the fruits of the Spirit is a witness of this treasure in clay pots, as we find pasture and seasons of refreshment in Christ, enabling us to lead a Godly life without Jewish law or church legalism.

Shalom

Psalms 8:4-6, Ephesians 1:4-10, Hebrews 2:8-12, Romans 5:14, Romans 8:21.....

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Pterist: "a s we find pasture and seasons of refreshment in Christ, enabling us to lead a Godly life without Jewish law or church legalism."

- If you are able to live your life not according to the jewish law or any church legalism, you may have a valuable faith! Having faith in God is not the same as having faith in an organisation. To stand on our own to feet, alone, and to choose to live by love and honesty is a struggle. Wish you well! Love Healthworker

• Pterist
    Pterist

@healthworker *** To stand on our own to feet, alone, and to choose to live by love and honesty is a struggle. Wish you well! Love Healthworker****

Thank you for your encouraging words. I agree it is a struggle, however, we have a great salvation working within us under grace, and any discipline in life is to conform us to the intended perfect image and should be the goal of any Christian org./Church to bring disciples us to maturity to stand on own two feet as we walk by faith and NOT by sight. Hebrews 5:12, Ephesians 4:1-14

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceived

Hebrews: 13:

Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered OUTSIDE the gate. 13 So, let US GO TO HIm OUTSIDE THE CAMP, bearing His reproach. 14 For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit