Kingdom Consolidation and Sales are coming – Reliable Source

by thedepressedsoul 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Divine justice.

Sit there and take your medicine gentlemen.

Jehovah has said enough, is enough.

I think I'll dance a jig now

Smiley
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Not a JW but curious what is that normal county accessed value of a single not the double KH in the US?

And didn't I read in one of these threads that the titles of the KH was to be recorded in the WTS name rather then the congregation name?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    This has been going on in the US for quite some time now. There are still quite a few congregations that could be consolidated, especially in urban areas, but it is nothing new. I wouldn't expect it to happen in rural areas where people are already driving 20+ miles to get to the hall, but in places where the congregations are closer together, it will happen more and more.
  • blondie
    blondie

In this area there are already 2 congregations in each KH and 3 in one other. I can see one being sold and each congregation being sent east and west. This can only last so long...are the GB praying for the end to come soon; are they going to build their castle to last until the end comes and they go to heaven? Sounds like Beth Sarim. I wonder if they will have the proverbial air-conditioned dog house.

Until the 1950's most congregations met in rented rooms...the first KH was built in 1935 in Hawaii, in the area in 1953.

I wonder what they will do with the KHs that are 40 miles away from the closest one? Will the gasoline budget increase....I knew a congregation in Kanab whose territory was 200 miles in one direction. Or another in eastern CO that was 200 miles from the nearest other KH.

• Simon
    Simon

They will remind people about some guy in Africa who walked for 4 days through crocodile infested rivers to attend a meeting each day, carrying 1,000 bibles on his head to take back to the village ... then tell them to quit complaining about having to drive 50 miles to the next KH because they decide to take the profit on the local property instead.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I know that most local congregations are immigrant. We have 2 hall's with 7 congregations very close to me. Two are English. The rest are Spanish, Korean, Cambodian, and Vietnamese(smaller congregations). My mom lives in the country, 30-40 minutes away. Both hall's in the sticks, hidden in 2 smaller towns. 5 congregations, all English-speaking, over a much larger area. I figure the one in the rich area (2 congregations, lots of rich retired folks) will be relocated soon. Residential property is $. The other one is in a depressed area and has 3 congregations. I think they will stay put. The ones right near me are both on main drag-one is a brand new retail style hall (relatively small, btw)The other is right next door to a pot store (no prescription required). Not new style
  • cognac
    cognac

I would think that once Jehovah made things easier, he wouldn't turn and take his blessings away.

However; Simon is probably right. The hoops the r&f jump through in their mind to remain obedient is astounding.

Anyways, besides NY, anyone hear of Kingdom Halls being sold?

• freddo
    freddo

@Cognac

Here in UK. Both within 30 miles of me.

Back in August 2 congs in one hall:- one cong. closed, brothers and sisters divided up between the two next nearest congregations. Other congregation moved into another nearby KH. The original hall has been closed and is up for sale.

In October, another case:- Cong moved out of its hall and told to share with one 10 miles away. KH closed and up for sale.

It's happening. I've also been told unofficially that two other halls fairly close are for the chop within the next twelve months.

• cognac
    cognac

Freddo - Wow!!! 😳😳😳😳

I bet it will happen more and more.

If anyone else has info on Kingdom Halls being sold, please keep us informed!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

One interesting thing to note, on the JW.borg home page, there is a link to information about how they are financed. Here is something of interest to local congregations

"Any donations that are forwarded to the branch offices of Jehovah’s Witnesses are used to relieve victims of natural disasters, to support our missionaries and traveling ministers, to help construct our houses of worship in developing countries, and to print and ship Bibles and other Christian publications."

I wonder if there is soon to be a clarification on the new arrangement regarding loan forgiveness and the building committee. We know that there was a recent letter about "proportional" contributions relating to new KH construction. How will all this shake out? I am curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit