Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I'm so disappointed to see this side of two posters whose opinion I otherwise respect and appreciate. Could you not take your argument to a private discussion? (and thank you, Terry for the insightful post)

I do not like how KS behaves towards you, Cedars, and I said so on another thread, but when you descend into name-calling and (yes) making your own threats, you simply perpetuate the problem.

It looks like both of you have walked away for the moment. I do hope cooler heads will prevail. I do not think it's up to the Mods to intervene every time two posters lock horns either. We are all big kids here, aren't we?

I also find the whole thread a bit puzzling. Cedars states an opinion on his blog. He is willing to listen to feedback and make adjustments when errors are pointed out. But it seems like many here would like to be part of the writing team and dictate his content. It's still his blog and his opinion.

• cedars
    cedars

How can I get in touch with the moderator? How can I prove that this is from Candace and I? I want to request that there be a specific set of guidelines set in place for any thread that discusses the issue of child abuse on the JWN site "ESPECIALLY" if it involves real abuse victims that have had the courage to take the Watchtower Organization to trial, allow their name to go public in order to help other victims come forward, and then continue getting this message out into the media.

There are other cases out there in the first initial stages of suing the WT(hopefully in a jury trial) if we are to expect these victims to risk going public during any stage of their case, they must know that they are not alone and that they also have a large army that will back them up and support them in a positive way. Candace has received so much love and support by many who post on the JWN site and these individuals still write kind and supportive messages to her, even though they may not get a response back from her she does read them and they bring her much comfort. As you know Candace will at times use Barbara Anderson in order to send a message of gratitude to all her well wishers, and I want to also thank many of you for the kind and supporting messages you have sent to me.
    However, Candace and I are beyond confused on why Cedars continues to be attacked in regards to the many articles he has written in behalf of the Conti case when Candace and I have no issue with his content. It now appears that some who post on JWN want to use our case as a way to vent their own personnel frustrations and issues that have no real relevance to the Conti case. They are so caught up in proving that they are intellectually superior, forcefully driving home their "OWN" personal thoughts regarding nitpicking Cedars articles that it is obvious that "BEING RIGHT" is more important then the issue at hand. Candace and I have asked them to please stop these attacks because you are using Candace and her case for your own personal gratification and that makes us feel "USED" not a good feeling for an abuse victim.Please stop.Kathleen & Candace Conti

• moshe
    moshe

There is a saying- Kind words are not true and true words are not kind. The tendency of many here is to avoid saying any words which might be true, in their opinion, but unkind. In addition, the comments from non-schmoozers is not very often appreciated for it's true worth. That being said:

I don't know why some people drive themselves crazy trying to secretly expose WT dogmas, while they still have one foot in the KH. (maybe an elder, too!)

Please stop torturing yourself (fill in your name) by writing all these WT expose' articles- which, strongly encourage JWs to open their eyes and leave the KH, which by your own admissions you are unable to do for yourself right now. The stress can't be good for a person's health.

Possible public disclaimer for such a Website--

The author is still an official JW, because he doesn't personally follow the advice he is giving to the public.

To his credit, Raymond Franz wrote his expose' books about the GB and the WT leadership, when he was no longer a JW and was able to sign his real name to his work. He was a calm and collected individual who didn't have to look over his shoulder and worry about getting "caught" by the elders.

If you can agree with this, "to thine own self be true", then you are one of the lucky ones.

• cedars
    cedars

moshe

Possible public disclaimer for such a Website--

The author is still an official JW, because he doesn't personally follow the advice he is giving to the public.

What specific advice are you referring to? Can you supply a quote?

Your logic is interesting, and not unlike King Solomon's. JW faders have no voice. They should "put up, or shut up". The right to take on the Watchtower is the exclusive privilege of those who have left the organization.

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods

This is headed straight down the crazy-train track toward the banning of at least one poster.

It reminds me of the N.drew case in some ways - as Terry just said above: TIME TO LET GO OF THIS.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

It'd be a shame for any of the posters on this thread to be banned, as they're all legitimate posters who's contributions to this board I look forward to reading.

• Elephant
    Elephant

...laughable...

...this has been a most entertainning thread...

...hope there is more...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Come on guys this only opinions lets just admit everyone is entitled to one, I think it's a huge waste of time trying to defend one's opinion. It is all ego-centricly driven and makes one uncomfortable and is driven by primative emotions that make us go in circles.

• cedars
    cedars

It's very easy to wander into a confrontation and say "grow up kids", "can't we all just get along?"

Bottom line, some people on this board aren't content to merely voice a difference of opinion - they need to ram their point home and drag someone's name through the mud, getting extremely personal with their comments. When that happens, it's only fair that the victims of their abuse should defend their reputation - especially in the absense of moderators and if the credibility of hours of hard work in the form of writing and research are placed in question without solid basis, all of which work is intended for the sole purpose of helping others.

I mean no disrespect to Simon, his wife, or any of the mods. They work hard and give of their time on a mostly volunteer basis. But this thread serves as a clear example that jehovahs-witness.net urgently needs round-the-clock moderation, and not simply occasional moderation during US/Canadian waking hours as is currently the case. We urgently need a responsible moderator to be appointed from Europe, South Africa, or Australia/NZ. I rule myself out of consideration, because it would be too stressful and there is a clear conflict of interests because I am heavily involved with another JW-related site.

It's all very well having posting guidelines and asking people to observe them, but they're just words on a screen unless they're enforced.

Cedars

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Cedars,

It is just my opinion as an outside observer for sure. Anyway care on if you feel you must, and perhaps latter it will sink in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit