Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• metatron
    metatron

Excellent stuff!

As to the Time Value of Money, in the current economy much of that has died off because of minimal interest rates and a severe lack of investment opportunities.

I was fascinated by recent posts that suggest that they may have sold all the properties in Brooklyn that they think they can unload. Is there real hope that they can ever get rid of the factory buildings? Who wants a factory in NYC?

I think the 16 page magazines tells the core story: they're in trouble - and I don't see how digital publishing is going to save them anymore than it will save Newsweek.

metatron

• infpalex
    infpalex

Cedars, thank you for the article... I can't keep up on the CC case as much as I would like, but your post always tell me the important stuff!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Oh, boo-hoo, poor babies. Perhaps they should have thought about this when they were formulating their un-scriptural policies which allowed many, many children to be victimized, often by serial molesters.

On the other hand, I have to wonder why they aren't simply praying to Jehovah to bail them out of this mess which they created? Where's their faith?

On yet another hand, I remember one of the GB members recently saying they didn't really know if this whole Patterson thing had Jehovah's blessing or not, but they were going ahead with it anyway ...

“Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick,” said Brother Pierce, “we are proceeding to develop the site with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there.”

“Has the Governing Body changed its mind about the closeness of the great tribulation?” asked Brother Pierce. “Not at all,” he answered. “If the great tribulation interrupts our plans, that will be wonderful, absolutely wonderful!” - w2012 8/15, p. 17

... maybe this is Jehovah's way of saying, "No!" Maybe this is their own personal "Great Tribulation" Either way, it is wonderful, absolutely wonderful!

Good job, Cedars, you're turning into quite the journalist.

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

In the picture Jehovah's Witness children, giving money to the WT organization. In East Timor a very poor country

candace conti

• chasson
  • Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Cedars,

Great article!

My husband who visited the Patterson complex in Feb 2009 said he is not surprised they are offering the Patterson property. He was told by a Bethelite who worked there that the buildings had major water damage due to improperly preparing the property for drainage. He was told that it would be a major project that would require millions of dollars to correct because it encompasses the entire complex. Now whether that has been corrected by now I do not know. But if it hasn't the Society is trying to unload a "white elephant". The picture of the Patterson Complex doesn't show it but the buildings were all built on the side of a hill so you see the flow of water could be (and is) a HUGE problem.

It would be prudent to have a thorough inspection of the property by an independent firm before allowing Patterson to be part of the settlement.

Reopened Mind

• Jaime l de Aragon
  • braincleaned
    braincleaned

Great article.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

chasson, the reference says " Note above that the 2004 data is heavily weighted by the $205-million conversion sale of the Watchtower building at 2-4 Joralemon Street. The 1.8-million-square-foot building was previously owned by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, part of Jehova’s Witnesses, and was purchased by R.A.L. Companies and Affliates for $114 per square foot. The new owners renamed it One Brooklyn Bridge Park and converted the building to residential condominiums, which started to sell in late 2009."

What is a conversion sale? Because it may mean that they didn't pocket 205 million in cash...

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Found this while google-ing Patterson. It is the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) from 2010.
    It is quite a lenghty read. They then seemed pretty enthusiastic about this property at the time!
    Enjoy:
    http://www.pattersonny.org/PlanningBoard/Watchtower/part1.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit