Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Chariklo

<<<<144,001, I understand what you are saying, but you can't have it both ways. Either you must either state your credentials (lawyer--probably practicing in CA.) to establish the authority of what you say, or remain non-credentialed and have your opinions subject to disagreement by Cedars or anyone else.>>> Justicia Themis

JT:

There is no rule on this forum that requires me to state my occupation. I have posted concerning legal matters and those who are lawyers here (or not lawyers) are free to challenge anything I've posted. I'm not here to be the "lawyer" of this site, and see no reason to disclose anything about my professional life.

If you believe that anything I've posted is inaccurate, please feel free to challenge it. I will respond with authoritatative references to prove my point, or concede the point if I'm wrong. But I see no need to disclose my private, personal informaton on this forum in response to your repeated efforts to goad me into publicly disclosing facts that I desire to keep confidential.

Scott77

You stated in this thread that you were "glad" that KS and others were deleted as a result of what has occured in this thread. Clearly, we're two different people. I would never be "glad" that someone here was deleted over a thread argument, but you're so happy about this that you have to let others know that you're pleased.

You have consistently supported the making of false statements, as long as they are in opposition to the WTBTS. I have different values. After the horrific experience of being raised as a JW, "Truth" is very important to me. So we will never agree and I'd prefer to avoid any future dialogue with you. It is unlikely to be positive and will only add additional acrimony to a forum where vitriole is not scarce.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sorry for adding a blank post to stir up further a tumultuous thread. I've only just discovered it, but I have now read it right through, every word.

Phew!

I'm no expert on some of this stuff within the WT...for obvious reasons as I never made it to a JW baptism...I got out while the going was good...but for goodness' sake, how can anyone conceivably have a go at Cedars, of all people?

Cedars is tirelessly diligent at exposing the Watchtower, and has proved himself time and again on this forum. I count him and Mrs Cedars as my very good friends on here, and I hope all this Cedars-bashing will now stop.

OK, he got hot under the collar as things went on. I am not surprised! So would I! Don't be put off, Cedars.

• cedars
    cedars

If you believe that anything I've posted is inaccurate, please feel free to challenge it.

Which is my approach exactly, only you expect me to concede to each any every point that you challenge, even though you have no special legal background.

I will respond with authoritatative references to prove my point, or concede the point if I'm wrong.

You used no "authoritative references" in the sweeping generalizations you used earlier about my legal articles.

But I see no need to disclose my private, personal informaton on this forum in response to your repeated efforts to goad me into publicly disclosing facts that I desire to keep confidential.

In other words, you see no problem with posing as a legal authority and imposing your opinions on others such as myself, to the point of accusing me of misleading people, just because YOU think you are more right than I am. Doesn't that strike you as rather arrogant?

Cedars

• ziddina
    ziddina

Everyone, please keep in mind that being deleted is not the end of the world....

Several posters have been deleted in the past. Some have stayed away; some have come back - with changes in their posting habits ranging from minor to transformed.

A little "time-out" never hurt anyone, and there IS such a thing as "resurrection" on this board.

Zid - who, amazingly enough, hasn't been deleted/banned yet...

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

cedars

calm down your willy washy activity is all over the map, cool down Mr. Man. I am an elder in the organisation, so I have updated information about how things are being run on top, you can always consult me whenever needed.

• cedars
    cedars

Most Noble

calm down your willy washy activity is all over the map, cool down Mr. Man. I am an elder in the organisation, so I have updated information about how things are being run on top, you can always consult me whenever needed.

lol, do you use phrases like "willy washy activity" from the platform? I bet you get strange looks if you do!

Chariklo

I count him and Mrs Cedars as my very good friends on here, and I hope all this Cedars-bashing will now stop.

Thanks Chariklo! Unfortunately it appears there's a small Cedars-bashing "aftershock" in progress...

Cedars

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

cedars can we have a chat outside here either on skype or yahoo messenger, i will really appreciate it.

• Simon
    Simon

Cedars:

Bottom line, some people on this board aren't content to merely voice a difference of opinion - they need to ram their point home and drag someone's name through the mud, getting extremely personal with their comments. When that happens, it's only fair that the victims of their abuse should defend their reputation - especially in the absense of moderators and if the credibility of hours of hard work in the form of writing and research are placed in question without solid basis, all of which work is intended for the sole purpose of helping others.

Actually, doesn't this viewpoint just legitimize every attack and response from anyone, including those directed at you?

I mean no disrespect to Simon, his wife, or any of the mods. They work hard and give of their time on a mostly volunteer basis. But this thread serves as a clear example that jehovahs-witness.net urgently needs round-the-clock moderation, and not simply occasional moderation during US/Canadian waking hours as is currently the case. We urgently need a responsible moderator to be appointed from Europe, South Africa, or Australia/NZ. I rule myself out of consideration, because it would be too stressful and there is a clear conflict of interests because I am heavily involved with another JW-related site.

Well, if people could do what we ask which is to alert a moderator and be patient for us to take action, no ... we would NOT need round the clock moderation at all and we don't. What doesn't help at all is people being over-sensitive and responding to trolls, going off topic and bringing up other issues. If you want to get in the gutter with someone to fight then fine ... but don't then complain about the fact that you are in the gutter!

It's all very well having posting guidelines and asking people to observe them, but they're just words on a screen unless they're enforced.

They are enforced. Maybe you should either learn to ignore people or else report inappropriate behavior so that we can take action and stop telling everyone who you think should and shouldn't be allowed to post which makes it look like you are setting yourself up as some unofficial moderator.

As I see it right now, you also contributed plenty to this topic being wrecked so complaining that it's everyone else rings a little hollow.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    reading this thread that someone on here said would be an interesting read in seeing Lloyd's personality shining through maybe 30 pages ago and I forgot who suggested it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit