Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

Sorry frankiespeakin - I wasn't getting at you. I know you're only trying to keep the peace.

My point is that ugly confrontations like this are inevitable when there are no moderators around.

Cedars

• Elephant
    Elephant

It's very easy to wander into a confrontation and say "grow up kids", "can't we all just get along?"

Bottom line, some people on this board aren't content to merely voice a difference of opinion - they need to ram their point home and drag someone's name through the mud, getting extremely personal with their comments. When that happens, it's only fair that the victims of their abuse should defend their reputation

-

...cedars...you should follow the example the GB has given you...simply ignore such rants and accusations...

...but you can't, can you?...what was it that someone wrote on here?...

It is all ego-centricly driven

...you can give it...but you can't take it??...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes this is true. And when we take things too personal, which we end up shadow boxing parts of ourselves we project on to the outside world. Hopefully we can see our own shadow deal kindly with it through understanding and see the shadow of others in the process and deal understanding with them without all the judgementalisms we have picked up from culture and religion.

• Simon
    Simon

King colomon. Slimboyfat. Deleted.

Sick and tired of you derailing topics. Once more, you have ruined a good topic. You're trolls and we don't tollerate them here.

I suggest in future that people CONTACT me and not start fighting with people within a topic.

Remember too that timezones means that things don't always happen immediately but we will deal with them.

Thank you

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Simon

Cedars

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Cedars, may I ask you a question as a neutral observer? Is it possible that you're overly sensitive? I ask that sincerely because in my opinion, what you've taken to be as hostile and threatening, came off very mild to me. I've definately been in my fair share of hissy fits on this message board, but I can't help but notice that this thread went into category meltdown after the emotional responses exceeded far beyond what's rational and as others have mentioned you clearly made up a measure of the fuel.

It took me a long time to learn that this is simply a message board filled with a bunch of angry and hurt people myself included. Regardless at the end of the day, this is a message board, nothing more or less. There's a couple posters on here whom shall remain nameless that I would have loved to get my hands on their throats and whip the skin off of them, but at the end of the day they're several time zones away from me. That said, why let them get under my skin? It's reminds me of Epictetus thoughts on impressions, especially when dealing with other people in that it's not that they made you upset, but you let them and for that you can only blame yourself. To lose sleep over an anonymous poster on a public message board in which you're also anonymous and in your case probably in an entirely different country doesn't make any sense to me. I have this urge to listen to Biggie Smalls' What's Beef? all of a sudden.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

wow - nuts - cedars you are nuts

• cedars
    cedars

Theocratic Sedition - I'd rather not discuss Simon's decision if you don't mind, even if I feel very strongly about your implications.

My nerves have been worn thin after a very gruelling day, and I need a rest. You can always PM me if you have a genuine question to ask me and I might reply later, unless you're wanting to make some kind of public statement?

Cedars

• sabastious
    sabastious

Take care cedars, get some rest. Your work is beautiful and unique to the world. The Watchtower is jealous.

Sab

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I started typing that and got caught up in something work related and when I went back to finished the post, Simon made his decision and posted. Nah, I don't see a need to discuss it. Probably wouldn't matter anyway. So it goes in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit