Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I suggested it.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    We urgently need a responsible moderator to be appointed from Europe, South Africa, or Australia/NZ. I rule myself out of consideration

LOL. It was very big of him to turn down the (un-offered) job of moderator. I'm sure he would have been the very model of an impartial and fair jurist.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    There is no rule on this forum that requires me to state my occupation.

Because there isn’t one ?

• Simon
    Simon
    you expect me to concede to each any every point that you challenge, even though you have no special legal background.

Yeah, imagine conceding a point to someone who does NOT have any special legal background ... said the man with no special legal background.

He was trying to make out he had legal smarts even back then.

Narrator: he did not, and would later show the world just how much legal smarts he lacked.

LOL. It was very big of him to turn down the (un-offered) job of moderator. I'm sure he would have been the very model of an impartial and fair jurist.

Yeah, can you imagine? There would have been no one left very quickly other than people praising him.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Ok, I took the bait from about page 840 of the cedars thread and read every comment…..firstly, I find it incredibly funny at times, secondly I want to know if fatboyslim ever apologised to lloyd as he clearly hurt his feelings? and thirdly I renew my bewilderment that Lloyd has been able to behave EXACTLY the same way for all these years….

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Yeah, imagine conceding a point to someone who does NOT have any special legal background ... said the man with no special legal background.

As this thread reveals, I called out Cedars for posting BS 10 years ago. My opinion of him at that time was that he was a grifter. My opinion of him hasn't changed much, but it certainly has gotten worse.

I haven't posted on this site in quite a few years. I hope everyone is doing well and especially Simon and his family. Simon, you deserve a lot of credit for keeping this site going all these years. Thank you for all that you have done (and sacrificed) on behalf of the ex-JW community!

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I called out Cedars for posting BS 10 years ago.

I mention you in the cedars thread - you were so kind, factual and to the point in trying to make lloyd aware that he was very wrong, but he didn’t listen and continued down his abusive rabbit hole behaviour. You called it 100% correctly.

If it’s not to much trouble I would love to know your thoughts to my question:

Lloyd had no qualifications, no experience, hadn’t been out of the borg long at that point, clearly made provable errors yet people continued to believe him and thanking him for the “valuable information” - even over the qualified/fact driven proof.

It is easy for someone who has no idea about the subject he is lecturing Talking about, sure I understand that, but why did they listen to his “brand of facts” over that of others?

Thank you for calling out Cedars

💗

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Good evening Kim,

Thank you for the nice post! Also, big thanks for having the guts to stand up for what you believe in!!! It took lots of guts to do what you did, so I'm a fan.

Lloyd had no qualifications, no experience, hadn’t been out of the borg long at that point, clearly made provable errors yet people continued to believe him and thanking him for the “valuable information” - even over the qualified/fact driven proof.
    It is easy for someone who has no idea about the subject he is lecturing Talking about, sure I understand that, but why did they listen to his “brand of facts” over that of others?

I'm not an expert in any pertinent psychological/psychiatric discipline, so I can only answer from my own experience. I think a lot of folks come to these ex-jw forums because they've experienced emotional trauma as a result of their exposure to the JWs. As a likely result of their emotional trauma, they have a propensity to pursue any avenue to express their anger against the WT, or otherwise lash out, and a much lesser ability/drive to question others who are lashing out / attacking the same enemy. They abandon their objectivity in satisfaction of their drive to settle a score with the WT.

Remember, many of the folks in these forums were gullible enough to become JWs as adults. P.T. Barnum said it best, "there's one born every minute."

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Thank you so much for your thoughts, it definitely resonates with me. People would have wanted to see the fantasy of Patterson being handed over as Lloyd suggested, hence emotional thinking easily overtaking rational thought.

I am very appreciative, this question has been chewing my brain for days, but now I can put it in a box on the shelf 💗

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Can't get the link to work

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit