Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have no axe to grind against you, that is paranoid nonsense you can just forget about. I think you are a curiously contradictory character for what it is worth. You show tremendous industry and do a lot of good with excellent articles and videos. But your complete intolerance of other views and tendency toward sensationalism unfortunately threaten to undermine the good. Resist the urge, don't let it happen.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I don't know where we would be if there were no paramaters

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

I have no reason to doubt that because it is a concern. And one that you should take seriously.

It is a concern that you have often voiced because you strongly dislike me, but if it's a numbers game and I count the emails/comments of people who appreciate my articles versus you, King Solomon, and one or two other haters who have an axe to grind, then the general consensus seems to be that I'm on the right track.

You say that you ignore King Solomon's posts apart from where you feel he makes insults. I think you've got that the wrong way round! Ignore anything you find insulting and look at the constructive criticism instead.

I refuse to look at anything insulting or abusive, even if there might turn out to be an ounce of truth in it. I suffer from depression. That's my choice. More to the point, I'm not interested in King Solomon's opinion, which again is my choice.

I have not read the whole thread, but personally I found two main problems with your article. It argued that the Watchtower is in real financial difficulty but did not mention the fact that the NY corporation is only one of its legal entities. AnnOMaly has previously argued that most of the Watchtower's assets are held by the Pennsylvania corporation anyway, so your argument may be a non-started from that point of view.

Watchtower IS in financial difficulty. Only the extent is unknown. If it weren't I'm sure it could move its assets around between corporations to satisfy the bond. It can't (or at least, it gives time impression that it can't).

Plus the claim that Patterson would be handed over the Candace Conti if the Watchtower lost the appeal. It's just drivel Cedars and such sensationalism does your cause no favours.

No, YOU don't do my cause any favors. And it's not drivel. If the motion is carried and Patterson is subsituted as security AND if Watchtower loses the case AND it can't afford to pay the damages, the deeds to Patterson (or atleast a significant part thereof) belong to Candace Conti. That's what "security" means.

There may have been other issues. I have not been following the argument closely.

And yet you offer such forthright and pointed criticisms. Interesting.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

But your complete intolerance of other views and tendency toward sensationalism unfortunately threaten to undermine the good. Resist the urge, don't let it happen.

Again, you're telling me I'M the one prone to exaggeration? Don't you think if I was "completely intolerant to people's views" I wouldn't offer to amend my articles if people can find flaws?

And "tendency towards sensationalism", despite saying the following in my most recent article?

Before reading further in this article, I would encourage you to download the motion filed by Watchtower by clicking onthis link.By all means, familiarize yourselves with the contents, and please consider anything I write in this article as my own observations and speculation in regard to this development.

and

I am no legal expert and can only interpret what I read according to my own limited understanding, so I am willing to stand corrected if I unknowingly misinterpret the precise wording used in the court documents.

and

Again, if I am wrong, and things are not as serious as I suggest, then I am willing to stand corrected. However, I believe it is important to allow my readers to hear both sides of the argument, and form their own opinions.

"Tendency towards sensationalism"?? Look in the mirror mate.

Cedars

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh boy! Now it's Slim and Cedars.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Mr cedars whoever you are I want you to know that you are appreciateddon't feed the trolls.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Watchtower IS in financial difficulty. Only the extent is unknown. If it weren't I am sure it could move its assets around between corporations to satisfy the bond.

I think you might be missing something. They may have an incentive to move assets away from the NY corporation precisely so they can plead poverty to the courts. They may thus be overstating their poverty as a legal tactic. In fact that makes just as good a story if true when you think about it. And I wonder if they are allowed to get away with it. The Watchtower may be in financial difficulty, and there is circumstantial evidence for it in the cutbacks (although they could simply be overcautious rather than in real difficulty) but this legal development is not proof.

I am not a lawyer, but I think others have well explained that just because Patterson has been used as security does not in any way imply that it will be automatically transferred if they lose appeal. I thought you had accepted that point already from JT earlier in the thread.

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

As I said in my article, which it seems you can't be bothered to read...

"Only time will tell whether things are really this desperate, or whether this is just an elaborate and reckless piece of strategizing on the part of the Society."

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

AnnOMaly is that sweet Scarlett you've got there?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

God, for one moment in my life I wouldn't mind being a bag of popcorn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit