Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Cedars said:
    Well, if the New Statesman magazine can write false information without even amending errors when these are brought to their attention, why can't I...?

Did you really say that? I must say I find that attitude disturbing. You might as well say that other religions lie and cheat so why can't JWs? It is a shockingly poor argument and shockingly poor ethical judgement.

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat - I won't be drawn on previous posters being banned. All I know is that this is a discussion forum with rules that are there for our benefit. No person who comes on here using "insulting, threatening or provoking language" per guideline 1 has a place here. My own view is that King Solomon has crossed that line many times with me and perhaps others, but it has slipped beneath the radar. If he continues with this sort of behavior (and his almost obsessive agenda against me), then the admins have their decision to make - which I will respect regardless. In the meantime, I don't have to enjoy sharing this forum with a bully, and frankly I don't.

You're entitled to think that he makes valid points about sensationalism, but in my view almost every sentence he writes is bourne from a seething hatred of me and a desire to discredit me. Facts and logic go out the window when he has me in his sights. What other excuse could there possibly be for him insisting that there was no contradiction on shunning in the recent Watchtower article? Even you must admit that this was hardly coherent or logical reasoning. That's why I have absolutely no interest in his opinion, try as he may to force it down my throat.

Also, please see the quotes from my article reproduced above that show that sensationalism is clearly not on my agenda. I merely offer my opinion - my readers can do with it what they will.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat

Did you really say that? I must say I find that attitude disturbing. You might as well say that other religions lie and cheat so why can't JWs? It is a shockingly poor argument and shockingly poor ethical judgement.

That's a clear misquote. You cut me off just at the point where I was saying "why can't I be allowed the occasional mistake with a willingness to rectify it when it is brought to my attention" (or words to that effect).

I thought even YOU were above misquoting people.

Cedars

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

king solomon is just expressing his opinion. since when is he a bully?

• cedars
    cedars

Yay, soft+gentle! This is the perfect Cedars-bashing party!!

When is Witness My Fury going to be showing up?!

Cedars

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

cedars you are going ott. do you enjoy doing this?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was quoting from King Solomon's post on the previous page.

Even in the context you mention it is pretty disturbing and self-serving logic. Plus have you actually changed the headline? I didn't think so.

• Searril
    Searril

King Solomon:

I'm seriously wondering if Cedars is actually a WT loyalist who is trying to discredit apostates, by trying to make us all appear to fit the WT characterization of angry, bitter, lying "mentally-diseased" apostates who arewilling to lie to others to discredit the Org. That would scare any doubting JWs who lurk to dismiss the information found here, throwing out the baby with Cedar's bathwater.

Another month goes by and when I come back you're still the same douche bag.

• cedars
    cedars

Slimboyfat

I was quoting from King Solomon's post on the previous page.

Oh so you used King Solomon's misquote! It gets even better, you're proving my point for me.

Even in the context you mention it is pretty disturbing and self-serving logic.

Not really. I was simply saying that I am being held to standards that even professional journalists aren't held to, and demonstrated this point with an actual professional article on the Conti case that was incorrect. What's to discuss?

Plus have you actually changed the headline? I didn't think so.

I can't check web pages for you. I would advise going to the article and checking yourself before jumping to conclusions.

And you know exactly what I mean about "horses". You've long had an axe to grind against me, and this thread presents the perfect opportunity to kick me when I'm down. Please don't feign ignorance, we all know you're smarter than that.

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You say King Solomon has "seething hatred" for you and "what other reason could there be"?

He says he is concerned that some lurkers and posters (he mentions growinggirl in particular) may be turned off considering apostate views by your type of sensationalism and cavalier attitude to the facts. I have no reason to doubt that because it is a concern. And one that you should take seriously.

You say that you ignore King Solomon's posts apart from where you feel he makes insults. I think you've got that the wrong way round! Ignore anything you find insulting and look at the constructive criticism instead.

I have not read the whole thread, but personally I found two main problems with your article. It argued that the Watchtower is in real financial difficulty but did not mention the fact that the NY corporation is only one of its legal entities. AnnOMaly has previously argued that most of the Watchtower's assets are held by the Pennsylvania corporation anyway, so your argument may be a non-started from that point of view.

Plus the claim that Patterson would be handed over the Candace Conti if the Watchtower lost the appeal. It's just drivel Cedars and such sensationalism does your cause no favours.

There may have been other issues. I have not been following the argument closely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit