Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

My gut feeling is that the Society's claiming of financial hardship isn't true at all, rather it is in their minds justifiable "spiritual warfare"intended to stall or keep them from using any hard to come by cash. Putting Patterson on the line might be a good way of getting out from under the costs of maintaining it should they loose the case. They might count the loss of Patterson as a "Blessing from Jehovah" because who's going to buy that huge complex out in the middle of nowhere once they are done with it? If they loose Patterson in a legal case, that financial loss could somehow be a write off and benifit them in terms of an additional reduction in taxes possibly. Should worse come to worst they could move the operation back to Brooklyn until the new complex they have in the works is ready. This could be one of the "wonderful examples" that they would tout for years, showing how Jehovah maneuvers events in their favor.

Besides that, there are 7 million JW's. All the Society would have to do is say the word and ask each JW to donate $2.50 and overnight their supposed money woes would be solved. I think Most JW's would give that amount or much more if it were presented to them in that certain heartstrings tugging society manner we all remember. I don't see this situation or any other similar one, bringing them down. Once people are captive to the notion of this group being the source of everlasting life, they will spend their last dime making sure they don't have to face reality.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks LITS, and to everyone who has made supportive comments.

For the record, I don't really mind Justitia Themis expressing his/her point of view. I disagree with most of it, but the views were offered in a respectful manner and without resorting to jibes and insults, which is more than can be said for a certain other poster I could mention. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I disagree with myself sometimes!! It's people who are provocative, patronizing and offensive that get under my skin.

Cedars

• flipper
    flipper

CEDARS- My take on this is like some here who say that the WT society is NOT being honest about where their real cash is. My reasoning is this- as OTWO said nobody REALLY knows how much the wT society is worth as they have much of their cash value hidden. Who knows how many millions $$$ of real cash the WT society has offshore in the Caymans, or shuffled off in overseas accounts somewhere that only top dog WT representatives know about ? I mean think about this : How secretive they are regarding disclosure to rank & file JW's ? Nobody knows where these funds go. It's never disclosed to JW members OR the media for an accounting of where every dollar goes.

And THAT is my theory on wht the WT society is offering real estate in substitution- WT leaders and legal team DOES NOT want an investigation launched into where the real cash is REALLY going as it may open up a really nasty can of financial scam worms that may be taking place behind the scenes. But WT better watch out- the judge may DEMAND more evidence of where WT assets and money are going and a TOTAL accounting in order to force the WT society to inevitably pay the 17.3 million $$$ judgment.

WT reps are so dense , yet conceited, they think the same rules that apply to all " worldly " corporations don't apply to them. I think WT leaders are in for a rude awakening very soon. Good, they need it

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Agree on that Cedars!

Btw seems that KS did not want to answer my questions.

Case closed King Solomon!

Love Healthworker

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In reality the total amount is not a financial burden for this rich corporation to undertake, its the total sum of 17 million potentiality toward openly ruining

the public image that is their utmost concern. The WTS has come out a few times and said we are not like the churches of Christendom with their

discretionary child abuse problems, this particular law suit proves that to be quite false.

We all know how much the WTS. strenuously enforces their protected image of God's specially chosen earthly organization.......right !

I do think the lawyers are throwing the we are too poor to pay that amount card on the table and see if it helps the WTS. in more ways than one.

This is what lawyers do for their clients.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Putting Patterson properties on the line may be a real indication the WT is in big trouble finacially.

It might just be another property sell off to them. But at the same time it could bring them untold bad publicity if they had to give this property over because they could raise the cash.

I think we are seeing the last days of a delusional cult. They are in the death stages, and the loss of all ill gotten gains.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

By the way the person who wrote this is nuts !

At the conventions of 35,000 in attendance we were depositing close to a million a day.

At conventions of 12,000 in attendance it was still close to half a million per day.

Delusional at best.

• pontoon
    pontoon

The only money problems wat has is how to spend it all. Millions and millions being spent at Wat Farm and the new complex in Tuxedo. Millions and millions on the drawing board for Patterson expansion. Their multi million dollar projects seem to go on endlessly. Besides contributions, assembly income, willed estates..... we have no idea what other investments and interests they have income from. I also believe they do next to nothing for the witnesses in poor countries. Years ago a missionary from Africa or S America gave a talk in my hall. He spoke about how in the poor country he was serving in they couldn't finish a new KH for lack of $300. I remember being floored that the Society wouldn't cough up 300 bucks. Of course he got lots of green handshakes that night, but don't think for a minute the Society is spending money to help out the friends in any country. Cheapest bunch of people I can think of.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

By the way the person who wrote this is nuts !

At the conventions of 35,000 in attendance we were depositing close to a million a day.

At conventions of 12,000 in attendance it was still close to half a million per day.

Delusional at best .

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I am simply offering my first hand observations and knowledge.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

District Convention Donations?

$1,000,000 / 35,000 JWs = $28.57/person in attendance

Not hard to believe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit