How old were you when you lost your virginity...

by butalbee 122 Replies latest social relationships

• rhett
    rhett

15 or 17 depending on how you define sex!

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

18, to my first wife, though we weren't married at the time. Before that, I had engaged in every act possible without actually losing it.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I do not recall it has been so long ago / virginity what is that anyway -- I know the word celibacy is practically unheard of ___ have a good day one and all !!!!

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

AH shit / sex sucks anyway as far as I am concerned / over and out !! AND I do not need to quote any BiBLE versus neither I AM TOTALLY TURNED OFF !!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Okay.........for those who are critical of getting married young: I was 17 and my husband was 19.

Do I recommend it? NO!! But in our case it worked. We had loving, supportive parents, and nearly 40 years later, we are still together.......4 kids, 7 grandkids.........all intact, and happy people!! Was it all easy going? Of course not, but what marriage is all smooth? I don't regret a thing.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Princess
    Princess

I'm glad Mulan was married young...to my dad! This forum would be boring without a Princess.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Well, I was 21 and it was on my wedding night. WOW!

• SYN
    SYN

*cough* Chauvinistic Oppression of Female Sensuality *cough*

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• Derrick
    Derrick
    Derrick: You will be a completely different person in 10 years. Come back to us then and tell us if your hasty life-long commitment is still that - a life-long commitment. What are the chances of your new, older personality and your wife's new, older personality being compatible? Pretty slim, if you ask me. People who marry during the teenage-adult transition phase tend to have the highest divorce rate, simply because the person you marry usually lands up changing quite dramatically as they enter true adulthood (something I admit I still have to do).

You're very perceptive. Our marriage did end in divorce due to financial difficulties. After half a decade of "marital bliss" the marital engine hit a rock and blew an axel. We tried separation, it was a sad and tearful moment before I drove away. We then decided to call it quits. If I wake up one morning next to her and discover this was all a bad dream, I will try to make it work on the next go around, because the unique thing about our marriage is that we really loved each other. (There's a recent movie, can't think of it's name, where a man who separated years ago wakes up next to his wife as if nothing ever happened, and discovered he was happier making the marriage work. I keep meaning to rent that movie.)

Derrick

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

-- William Blake (Auguries of Innocence)

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Mulan ---

That's fairly close to our story too. We married when I was 20 and she was 15. No, it wasn't a shotgun wedding.

She'd told me back when she was 13 that she was afraid that her older sisters were going to have the whole earth populated before she had a chance, and she was quite serious about it. We had six before she was satisfied.

4 kids, 7 grandkids.........all intact, and happy people!! Was it all easy going? Of course not, but what marriage is all smooth? I don't regret a thing.
    I feel exactly the same. Plus, we're working on our 42nd year together and we have 7 grandkids too! LOL.

Frankly, I'm inclined to believe that the young age is not so much the problem as is the input the "adults" give them about not expecting it to work. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Perhaps if they gave them as much support as they do doubt, there would be many more young marriages succeed.

LoneWolf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit