SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have not checked in for over 24 hours. This thread is very moving.

• NewYork44M
  • Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

This is just terrible, I never knew him but enjoyed reading his posts, the depression and anxiety most probably became too unbearable that he escaped, it didn't had to end like this. I detest this cult

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

RIP Oompa,

You will be missed

Truthseeker

• arwen
    arwen

Rest in Peace, Oompa, the pain is over now! x0

• trebor
    trebor

I've been away for a few days and just came across this news today. This is absolutely and completely terrible and horribly devastating. My deepest sympathies and warm thoughts to those impacted by this tragedy - Especially to those who were close to Eric.

In a chance that this will come across as constructive rather than full throttle hurt and anger over the policies and practices of the Watchtower Society, I will implore lurkers including those who think there is some “good” within the organization to please think long and hard about that “good”. The “good” is either superficially, fake, phony, counterfeit or/and can be found elsewhere.

This “bad” this “evil” that is not an exception and has happen and continues to happen many times over to those who were members is real, is undeniable and shows what is a at the core of the Watchtower’s fruitage. An organization that thrives off fear, superficially coated in an artificial love that becomes evident and abundant once a member leaves or is removed from the ranks.

Shunning is by far the most evil, manipulative and abusive device employed by the Watchtower Society and enforced by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It breaks up and divides families and drives those impacted at times to mental instability, chronic depression, and extremely sad in the case of Eric Reeder – known to many as Oompa – suicide.

Oompa, I am so, so sorry your pain and hurt was more than you could bear any longer due to the shunning you experienced…May you finally be resting in peace.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

OMG......I can barely breathe. I hadn't checked JWN for 4 days, and to come back and see this my heart just breaks in two.

I can't believe a JC would do such a thing as DF someone for recieving a blood transfusion while they were unconcious!

Then to be shunned by everyone and have your life leave you? I can't imagine his pain and dispair. This is "Christian Love" and mercy? My ass! I am so sad and angry. I always loved reading Oompa's posts and he had such feeling and conviction.

WTBTS, you have a helluva lot to answer for.

RIP Eric, I hope you are finally at peace. You will not be forgotten.

- Wing Commander

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Eric loved a bit of Clapton.

• keyser soze
  • garyneal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit