SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

To be at a point where death is better then life, is unreal.

I understand, Eric. RIP.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This is very very sad.

I communicated with Oompa off and on over the years via e-mail. I hope I am not speaking out of line by reprinting a private comment from him over 4 years ago:

what can you let me know....I am soooooo sad and crying actually.................................how can you help me...........oompa....damn I am 46 an feel like such a wusss.................oompa

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

.. this is so very sad and i am sobbing as i wright this! eric was always encouraging and i would recipricate. he was alwyas telling me how welcome i was to stay and visit with him when i got to the states.

it breaks my heart that he battled this much and there wasn't anyone he felt he could turn too. i know that feeling and that pain. all you want is for it to stop.

i will miss him. tonight my tears and heart goes out to you dear oompa / eric.

• VIII
    VIII

I am very sad o hear that the Jdubs claimed another life.

I read the whole thread and got shivers and tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry he felt so lost and had no way out.

Tragic.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Loubelle,

Oompa had people he could turn to - many of this board's members were friends with him and in more direct contact than those of us who knew him only from this board.

Unfortunately, as someone else stated, Oompa was battling extreme internal distress - and in my opinion, nearly all of his distress was directly or indirectly caused by the heartless "shunning" policies of the Watchtower Corporation.

Having people one can "turn to", sometimes just isn't enough, if one's heart is being ripped out by the loss of parents, beloved wife, family and friends...

Oompa, I'm really going to miss you...

• clarity
    clarity

Other than here I never knew Eric, but reading Oompa's posts,

was always with some apprehensive concern.

In the back of my mind, I'd think ....geez is he going to make it.

>

Strangely enough ... even tho he was 4th generation JW, & surrounded by

people who knew him so well ... not one of them had enough love to come to

his rescue. At least not successfully!

I wonder why that is .....doesn't the only TRUTH have any power?????????

Or is it like Mathew writes "having a religion, but proving false to it's power!"

The things this man called out for, were normal,... support of his wife, children

and his 'brothers'. Pretty much.

What did he do that was soo bad that a handful of common men in Brooklyn

could take it all away. Really! What could be so bad? He yelled at them?

Was that it? Or was it that a lifegiving fluid entered his blood stream? Was that it?

His life was evidently saved after his awful accident ... did that piss them off?

Oh Eric how we all wish you hadn't let them win

clarity

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

So sorry. Poor Eric.

It's uncharitable of me, but I hope those responsible for his pain realise their responsibility and make what amends they can.

• FlyingHighNow
  • cult classic
    cult classic

A for Oompa.

• Etude
    Etude

Like I said before, I didn't really know Oompa personally and I can't even remember if I commented on his posts. Since yesterday when I felt so hurt at the news, I woke up on a sunny and relatively warm day feeling so bummed out.

I thought about Eric's death and started to get angry while thinking about what the trolls here and the witlesses who knew Eric are thinking. Instead of reflecting on the tragic loss of a life, those sanctimonious bastards are probably saying to themselves how he probably committed suicide because he was lost and removed from Jehovah and they're probably contemplating how he won't have a chance to come back to their stupid new order.

I know that at least some of them will think this way because I've been a witness to that. The last expression of the sort I heard about came from my brother-in-law's mouth. In spite of being a witless in good standing, the guy is a zero on the left, willing to let his family go homeless. His insensitivity knows no bounds. That's the sort of thing that cult encourages.

Right now, I try to picture Eric's life with the words in this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywx6CIw3RIA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit