SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Maybe I'm wrong about that.

• shamus100
    shamus100

This forum is wacky - it signed me into my bizarro account, LOL.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I was texting an oldie from the forum who doesn't post here anymore and he thought it was Craig but maybe we're wrong. Now we're both unsure.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Sorry to read about Oompa. I had a friend who committed suicide 15 years ago due to severe depression. I still think about him often and wish he were still here. I hope the JWs ho helped turn Oompa's world inside out feel remorse or some twinge of regret.

Anyone out there considering suicide, please get help. Your friends, family and any other people in your life never really will get over it and they'll always feel guilty for not having done enough.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Shamus, read this

bikerchic002Re: onacruise - Craig Mills 1952-2011 posted ~ a year ago (9/29/2011)

Post 1 of 23
    Since 9/22/2011

I've been trying for a few weeks to find the words to say in reply to this thread. I mostly want to thank everyone for their condolences I deeply appreciate them and know it would have touched Craig very much as well to know you cared.

Facts; he died due to complications of alcoholism, most likely heart failure as he had collapsed in his apartment ready to take the dog out for a walk. It was two days before he was found by the Sherriff’s Department doing a welfare check for the apartment manager.
    We had been separated for almost two years, due again to complications of his alcoholism.
    Craig was a dear man and I deeply cared for him, he was the love of my life and I am sad that he is no longer here.

It's been cathartic going back and reading some of his posts, I remember them like it was yesterday and can hear his voice, see his face, his smile and it makes me miss him more, yet it also comforts me. I think it's great that I have this to remember him. JWD meant so much to both of us for such a long time and it's nice to see our first years together chronicled (warts and all) here.

So thanks to everyone, thanks to Simon for this place, it's a place of healing and a place of many caring, kind people like y'all.

Regards,

~Kate
  • shamus100
    shamus100

Oh you're right. I didn't need to read that right now. :( I spoke with Craig a few times. Wonderful man. Wonderful!

Uuugh, why do I post here?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Someone asked how can we show support for Eric ?

I think we are accomplishing at least something by the number of posts concerning the fellow here.

Viewed 17814 times, in just two days !

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it WTS.

Seems there's more support for people in the ex-jw community than there is for the JWS themselves.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My condoloences to everyonr, his family and to all of you who got to know him

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Magwitch and I wanted to post this picture of us with Eric in February. Mags is hurting bad from losing Eric, too.

This was after a BBQ at my house. Eric did the BBQ'ing, but we forgot to put the garlic bread on and so at the last minute, Eric threw all the slices on the grill to cook them quickly. I told him he was crazy, but he assured me they would be good, and WOW! They were yummy!

I always put my garlic bread directly on the grill now.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Such a tragedy. OOMPA will be greatly missed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit