SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

His last post stated he was thinking of going back in....but he was dieing inside.....he was at a crossroads...

If he went back in, and went the long-haul ( 5 years) to painfully succumb to what he knew was a massive lie and deception, he'd be living a lie.

He couldn't do that. He chose to die in truth...to himself. We'll see Oompa again one blessed day....it's just going be be a much emptier life without him.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Very sad thing, indeed, when loneliness is just too heavy to bear. RIP, Oompa.

• Violia
    Violia

Bob Dylan's song "Hurricane" . for Eric , OOMPA at the end Dylan says, " Rubin Cater was falsely tried, how can the life of such a man be in the hands of some fools hands..."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here is a suggestion: there is a site called findagrave.com, where someone could make a memorial for Eric. You can write a memorial and include pictures. Then, if people sign up as a member of the site, they can leave notes, graphics and flowers for him.

I have done this for my mother and oldest brother Cory. To see an example of what I am talking about, visit my brother's memorial at this link:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Fridge&GSfn=Cory+&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=8934955&df=all&

I recommend someone who is close to him, like the author of this thread, doing it. Someone who knows his birth and death dates, where he was born and interesting details about his life. If someone does this, please give us a link so we can all go and leave messages and flowers, etc. If someone sponsors a memorial, you can upload more photos and it will kill any ads.

Another good thing about this memorial site is that it is not time limited. You can always go and visit a memorial and leave a message.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How many from JWD/JWN have committed suicide? I know of at least one other.

• stillin
    stillin

very sad. I had always felt that we would meet one day.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

FHN, two that I know of, puternut and the other lady from N Part of USA. I forgot her username. I think Gopher told us, I might be wrong, it might not be from Gopher. I just do not remember.

• ataloa
    ataloa

Oh Oompa. I too had the feeling when I saw the thread title that you had ended your suffering. Some of us really do understand the unrelenting pain of a stricken spirit; but we did not want to lose you. This is so sad, so important, it doesn't seem right to post any other sort of topics today. We mourn for you and our tears bear witness against that hateful organization.

• shamus
    shamus

How many from JWD/JWN have committed suicide? I know of at least one other.

Craig I believe and a whole lot of other people that rarely posted and we never heard about. I can guarantee that.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Shamus, I thought Craig Mills died of natural causes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit