SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Thanks for posting that pic Palmie. That was a classic evenning. I'm 2nd on the left.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I think Oompa and I would have been great friends.

• Stealth
    Stealth

such a tragic loss. RIP OOMPA

• youngbro
    youngbro

I never really knew or talked with OOMPA, however, my thoughts and prayers with his friends and family.

• whoosier
    whoosier

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss. I wish everyone comfort in this painful time.

• Scully
    Scully

Oh no! I feel like I've been punched in the gut. This is horrible news.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Like some of the other board members, I never knew Eric, but I know him from his posts. I liked him right off the bat. There was a time when I was going through some really dark depression and drinking episodes because of extremely harsh and nasty dealings concerning my JW parents. I nearly ate a bullet over it. But my friends from this baord, and others saw my posts and made me give them my phone number so they could talk to me and reason with me. It helped. A LOT! My wife helped me pull through and supported me immensely (I love you Bev!) The main thing that kept me from doing myself in was the thought of how devastating it would have been for my wife and non-jw family. I listened to reason, and was able to turn things around for the better.

I can identify with oompa's pain. It hurts me deeply that Eric was unable to overcome his sadness and felt he needed to do this. At the same time, I can so understand the devastation of being betrayed by his wife, family and friends. Particularly his wife. That is a sting that is too painful for me to comprehend. If my wife, who had vowed to stick with me and support me betrayed me like his wife betrayed him, I'd have probably not been able to recover either. As sad as this is, I take comfort in knowing that this wonderful, intelligent, loving, caring man is no longer in the severe mental anguish and pain any longer.

Goodbye and fare the well Eric Reeder. We love you, and will remember you always! *sniff sniff*

Chris-

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I'll pay for it. PM me the details and I'll arrange the payment. " Shamus100, page #21, post #14657

Bravo, Shamus!

You are my hero!

[as an aside, I think that actually paying for the ad would be much more effective - and would send a better message - than using the 'freebie' 14-day-trial offer. Using the 'free' service comes too close to the cheap method that his own Watchtower-indoctrinated flesh-and-blood used...]

Hey, Shamus!

You WILL start another thread about the memoriam ad, WITH LINKS, when the newspaper has run it, won't you? Pretty please??

Thanks! Zid

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

You know ... I keep expecting to see a post with Oompa's avatar pop up - it's so surreal. I keep shaking my head.

I'm sending a card to the address that PalmTree provided. Just to let his boys know that he touched lives all over the world and that he will be missed!

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

I am Borghaters mum, I cant remember my user password so using hers. We are both crushed and in pain at this sad news, Oompa ( Eric ) was really kind to me when I first came on this forum, he helped me through some tough times and pm'd me many times with advice and comforting helpful words and advice.

We will never forget him and he will be sorely missed, he always had a cheerful word and was ready with a kind word even when he was going through his recovery after the accident.

We are also sending a card to let his boys know how much he will be missed and how we were touched by his kindess and support when we needed it even when he was going through his own pain.

We miss you Eric.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit