by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

dear JB (peace to you!).

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Who do I need to wire the cost for a paid obit. Shamus, can I send it to you? Are you overseeing this? PM me with the detail info. It should take 10 minutes to wire the funds through moneygram.

That 2 lines obit doesn't even look like was done by the family. It looks like was done by the coroner or the newspaper just put it in. How wrong!

• Muddy Waters
  • ballistic
    ballistic

I'm very sorry to hear this, we posted at opposite times of the day, but I still know who OOMPA is and his funny avatar.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

just one more reason I loathe the watctower and its sick, twisted doctrine, pretending to be of God. They have NO CLUE about God. God's Truth drives a man to living, not to his death.

I am numb....speecless, feeling like I lost a part of me.....Oompa....Eric, you meant so much to us here. Gawd. Love you alwyas and forever sir.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Can't stop crying over poor Oompa... Eric... this is hitting me hard...not just someone on some cyber forum... he was a real person... a real man... with parents... children.. people who loved him... broken because he couldn't take any more...

Poor man.. it's heartbreaking... can't stop thinking about him...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I keep watching the number of views, well over 16,000. It will probably hit 17,000 by this evening.

If only Eric knew how many people were rooting for him.

Damn...

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Sad news, indeed. As I read through the first few pages, I hoped that this was all just a very bad prank.

Exiting the Jehovah's Witnesses religion can be excrutiatingly painful if its all you've ever known. Even more so, if the exit is in your very adult or later years and you truly gave of yourself to the religion. I'm sure when many of us decided to leave, we may have wondered if this life would ever be worth living. It pains me that for OOMPA it wasn't.

I sincerely hope that his death is not lost on his family but is a wake up call.

For anyone that may be thinking that ending your life is the answer, please know that there is life after leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses. It's not easy but its doable and it gets better. For some that road is longer than for others but it gets better.

RIP Eric...RIP

• Ding
    Ding

Very sad indeed.

I want to take this moment to address any other poster or lurker who may be contemplating suicide as the best way out.

PLEASE don't do it.

PLEASE get help.

We are here for you, and there are many, many good and decent people near you who will help you if you let them know you need them.

We can't fix all the injustices or make your pain disappear, but we can be your friend and care.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Oh Oompa Saw this post first thing this morning. It is a sad, sad, time. I never had the privilege of exchanging thoughts with him on the forum. I followed his struggle while lurking. My heart hurts that he felt this was the only way to escape the pain. I have cried tears of sorrow for him especially after seeing his photo and learning of the method of his passing. Gone too soon.

May you Rest in Peace, Eric

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit