SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

This outpouring of love towards oompa is incredibly touching. The borg only wishes they had loyalty and fellow feeling on this level.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Writing it is the hard part - I'll leave that to the experts and people who are more talented in that regard. If they send me a PM with personal contact details or just pm me what is to be said (or start a thread or whatever) with a picture I'll do the easy part and put it up.

It looks as easy as one two three.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Just as an aside, the family may have choosen to keep the death notice brief because of the manner of his death. There is considerable social stigma attached to suicide and, along with his loss, they may be strugling to deal with the manner of it as well, searching for answers as many here are. Im am in no way suggesting that JWN shouldnt do something, only offering possible insight on the family since some have wondered.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Of course the ad needs to be very tasteful. His family could EASILY leave the borg because of this or at any time in the future. And I think his kids are going through absolute HELL right now.

We were all asshole dubs at one point in our lives (at least I was). There is always hope for them.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

AGuest, thank you for posting that ad and using the words from Don McClean's song. I posted them here and on Facebook last night, because truer words were never spoken regarding Oompa:

For THEY could not love YOU
    Stil YOUR love was TRUE
    And when no hope was left in sight
    On that starry, starry night
    You took your life like lovers often do
    But I could have told you, dear Eric
    This world was NEVER meant for one
    As beautiful... as you."

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Sadness. Very, very, very sad.

I hope his beautiful babies will live free one day.

• Glander
    Glander

Since yesterday my thoughts have been with his sons. Do I understand they are still teens? This is the most heart breaking part. To think these young men now have to deal with this the rest of their lives. I wonder if Eric left them any kind of communication.

This is a goddamn tragedy.

To anyone else here feeling hopeless because of the effect of the WT CULT, please remember Eric and get mad not sad.

• tinker
    tinker

I could not find words as my heart is in my throat. But I wish my name to be posted in support of all grieving dear Oompa. I am filled with sorrow, grief and Anger. The GDF'n Religion sucked the life out of another of our loved ones. None of us are going to get out of this alive, we learned TTATT and there is no Paradise waiting just over the rainbow. So it is. So it goes.

He is gone too soon from us yet he is no longer in pain, may we find comfort knowing that.

• mind blown
    mind blown

redredrose mentioned she will be able to give us more info re: the mind set of Erics family and what they will or will not be doing. I so hope I'm wrong about the attitude I feel they may display. The obit does not even say a generic.... "In Loving Memory" which is truly disturbing......

Please be aware you posters are his extended family. Oompa wrote in posts I read, he didn't have anyone else, but his two children. He also mentioned he has no cousins, uncles, aunts, brothers or sisters, only a few freinds outside JWN.

I know you'll come up with something special for him.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Since yesterday my thoughts have been with his sons. Do I understand they are still teens?

I watched the link over on page 4 of the thread and there was a video of two girls...I assumed they were his daughters. My mistake. May his sons find freedom one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit