SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

rip.
    and the org. is so paranoid about 'bloodguilt' amongst their followers...

damn shame.

• AGuest
    AGuest

We can be silent... and remain in OUR fear... or we can speak up... and "shame the Devil" (peace to you all!). I spoke up:

http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/OompaAKAEricReed/homepage.aspx

You can, too... even if you have to use an alias to do it. The 14-day trial is FREE... and they ask for no credit card or personal information. I posted my own name and email address... because they don't scare me. But you can create a "dummy" email and name, if that's what you need to do. What you should CONSIDER, however, is whether the continued silence honors Eric... or yourselves... or anyone. I offer than it continues the "spirit" of fear... and the climate of danger. Cut the head off, dear ones... or at least take a swing at it.

Again, peace to you all!

Servant to dear Eric, you... and a slave of Christ,

SA, who is choosing NOT to continue the status quo of "I'm scared of the Watchtower" and remain silent in the face of such tragedy but to expose what was... and who... is really behind tragedies like this... whether they hear... or refrain...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Oh OUTLAW! This poor man [Never A JW, page 14] has two young children being indoctrinated against his wishes! Can't you imagine that he does not want to believe they are in the clutches of an organization that does this to people?? He came here for understanding because he is concerned about them." Berengaria, page 15, post #5920

And as several other board members pointed out, "Never A JW" apparently lacks curiosity sufficient to use the "search" function... Or to simply click on Oompa's name in the members list, and read his comments before airing an opinion.

I don't hold out much hope for that man's efforts at getting his children out, if he sits back and judges without first looking into the situation and remains totally clueless as to the iron grip that cult mentality can have on people.

Never A JW, do you remember "Jonestown"? Or the "Manson Family"? Or the "Branch Davidians" in Waco, Texas?

What you seem unable to comprehend is this - ANYONE can succumb to a CULT mentality, if they are approached in a sufficiently seductive fashion OR at a sufficiently vulnerable time in their life.

Zid - the board's She-Devil

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

So they deliberately chose NOT to have a guestbook. You don't think they were worried what some of the "guests" might have written, do you? Just wondering...

• TOTH
    TOTH

Oompa, may you find the peace that was denied you. Love and condolences to his family...He will be missed.

• ziddina
    ziddina

If I hadn't just had a thousand dollars worth of vets bills [my poor old doggie Sheeba may be dying ], I'd pay for that "In Memoriam" ad in a New York Minute...

Just out of curiosity, how does one go about getting his photo - someone posted a beautiful photo of Eric a few pages back - into the ad?

Zid

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'll pay for it. PM me the details and I'll arrange the payment.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    If I hadn't just had a thousand dollars worth of vets bills [my poor old doggie Sheeba may be dying ], I'd pay for that "In Memoriam" ad in a New York Minute...

You can do a 14-day memoriam for free, dear Zid (peace to you... and see my post, above). And you don't need to use your own name/email (you can create dummies, as they don't ask for personal information unless you intend to "sponsor" the memoriam beyond the 14 days).

You can get his photo simply by copying the one in this thread (or on his FB page)... then upload it. It really isn't a hard process at all - much like posting here.

Dear Brizz... the greatest of love and peace to you... I don't think it should be limited to anyone other than those who loved him and have something good to say. If there was an actual (non-JW) memorial, perhaps some would have spoken a few words in remembrance, as we are doing here. Each one should so as they are moved, IMHO. But to just remain silent... that makes my stomach hurt almost as this news did. I can't do it, this time, given that sterile obit. How... unkind, unloving... .

Again, peace to you, both!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

(And no, folks, I'm not "back" for any reason other than to pay tribute to a dear one; that's it, that's all)

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Someone posted the link to his Facebook account. There are several good photos there.

Shamus, here are the details:

http://www.news-record.com/help/obituariesfaq

Someone would have to write it, of course.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Also, if you get the guestbook option with the "In Memoriam" ad, I think they offer a way to keep it up on the web permanently (for an additional fee, of course, because grief is an industry, ugh.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit