SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I doubt the family will do this, but legacy.com allows mourners to sponsor a memorial page. It would be fitting for JWs to find out that Eric was not alone in this world- he had spritual kinship with us and he will always remain in our memory. May your spirit fly free, Eric, we will all join you soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6WjISKQar4&feature=related

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

TotallyADD & I send our deepest sympathies.

Reopened Mind

• Giordano
    Giordano

Very sad to learn about this. His entire ex congregation, the elders, family and once close friends have damned themselves over a disagreement about idiot doctines.........

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I'm very sad by proxy for Oompa and the anquish he was in.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Ive been thinking about him since I found out yesterday..Oompah,we will not forget you...

• sherah
  • Geowyn
    Geowyn

He is no longer in pain. Bless you Eric.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There were some comments about writing a proper obituary. While it would not be for me to do this, I think several from this board who knew Eric personally could write something appropriate.

Also, is there anything the rest of us can do? I feel very sad, but helpless as to what I can do as a tribute to Eric.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

I couldn't agree more, he deserves a fitting tribute.

To all those who cared about him, you have my condolences.

To all those who should have cared, you have my contempt.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

I know Troubled mind on FB, and wrote her a message about this, which she suggested i post here:

WOw, this is so unbelievably sad about Eric. I saw one poster said, well why do you blame it on JW, etc? Well, i can tell you one thing i know for sure as an outsider! When they have threads on ....how many do you know who committed suicide? You guys seems to know MANY more than the average person. I am 52, have many friends ,family, etc, and i have known NO ONE who has. I have known OF, acquaintances of friends, maybe two i can think of?

I even talked to eric personally once, because when i was first reading JWN, i was in so much intense grief because my oldest daughter died suddenly and unexpectedly at 25 in '08. So i just wrote him a note sympathizing in general with pain and suffering. The really awful thing is, even such a death in the family cannot compare to shunning. Because you know the person didn't do it to you on purpose. Because time heals and helps. The event is "over" and does lessen in intensity in its effects. Whereas shunning is never over, it never heals for so many, it keeps festering, etc. SOOO painful unlike anything, because they are doing it to you consciously. It's worse than the grief of death.

I told Eric that what he was writing on JWN was very valuable because it takes reading a detailed account for outsiders to get some kind of take on this issue. You can read somewhere - WT practices severe shunning, but in your mind, you don't really get this, or have a clue about what it means in people's lives.
    Do they really think God wants people supposedly serving Him, because they are forced, blackmailed to it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit