SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Eric, what a loss for all of us who came in contact with him, I never met him face to face , but he took the time to send me an E-mail with his letters to and from the W.T

I will check and see if they are posted here, if so I will bump the thread, if not I will post them, as a memorial to a wonderful guy.

R.I.P Eric, you are one of the greats, you deserve better than this life gave you, especially the grief given you by the EVIL W.T.

I cannot help but weep for you.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Oh my god! Oompa and I never talked, but I've been reading his posts for years and he seemed like the sweetest man. This is so unbelievably tragic.

• breakfast of champions
  • James Brown
    James Brown

I kept telling him to go to AA. AA is a life saving program, a suicide prevention program. But he knew better.

I'm sorry he is gone. I wish he would have listened. I have seen many people choose life

because they went to AA.

• minimus
    minimus

I just saw this. It reminds us of how we actually know very little of what a person may be going through on this discussion board. And yes, the JWs can truly get to someone!

I agree that we can learn from this terrible situation and get help before it gets too late.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Nooo!!!! OMG. I didn't read the whole thread but I'm really sad if this is what happened...he went through so much. :( R.I.P.

• James Brown
    James Brown

His cries for help were ignored by 'The Great Leaders' of the only

true religion in the whole world! They closed their ears, DF'd him

and walked away.

I don't know about him being disfellowshipped. I remember him writing 4 or 5 years ago that he

was never baptised.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

This man, the wonderful, kind, supportive Eric, was one of the first people on JWN to offer me friendship and support. If it wasn't for him, I'm not sure how the hell I would have got throught it all and got my freedom back. I'm devastated. Good friends on facebook, and always had a kind word day or night.

People often say to me, "How can you class people you never met as friends and confidants?"

My answer is always the same "He may have been "virtual" but he knew me, and supported me, despite my flaws and faults...."

Seriously, just because I never met him in real life, doesnt lessen the impact he had on me. He saved me. He showed me more love in such a short time than some of my family and friends in my "real" life.....

Eric, my heart is breaking.

Love to your family and friends. Be free xxxx

I loved you xxxx

James Brown, as a person who has battled alcoholism, I appreciate your sentiments, but I dont think this is the time or place. It may be a contributing factor, but nontheless, there was SO much more going on. It didnt help, but that WAS NOT the reason, and if he had made it to meetings on a regular basis, I doubt it would have erased the pain he was going through. Sometimes, being SOBER and realising they have ripped out your heart and soul, taken EVERYTHING from you, is worse than alcoholism and its associated problems. THEY KILLED HIM, not his problems with alcohol.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    no call to invite me to a committee meeting...no notification of deciding i should be df'd....no telling my jw wife of the announcement...not a chance to appeal what i did not even know what was going on.....Oompa
    true they asked to meet with me about my "medical treatment"....geeze what a great first phone call when you have a trache tube in your throat and a feeding tube in your belly and a halo around your head all due to a serious motorcycle wreck!!! so i told them to leave me the fluck alone!!!! guess you are not supposed to do that...esp when they know you had a blood transfusion!!...i was unconscious for nearly three weeks so had no idea what my treatment was...but do know now that i received two liters of blood fractions. what were the fractions??....100% lmao!!!! .....oompa

ps again....so was i df'd for the blood transfusion?...or for wanting my privacy and medical privacy?...or for being less uncooperative??
    and where is the scripte that you can be expelled for any of that?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?.............................oompa

...............................OUTLAW

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

May you find peace. Oompa, you are missed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit