SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

Feel so sad.. I've not been here long but long enough to get to know many from their posts. 'OOMPA' always made me smile with his humour but I could sense his pain beneath his words.

All JWs can see are angry negative apostates... these are real people, with real pain, real despair.... some like oompa are just hurting too bad to be able to cope with it.

Sending all my love to his family and friends.

• dgp
    dgp

RIP, Eric (I finally knew his name).

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

What a shock! He came across as a funny guy but also as a tortured soul. I never interacted with him much on here but I read. Life threw at him some real awful crap. It wasn't that long ago he was recovering from a serious accident. Very sorry it came to this for him. RIP Oompa

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sorry to hear this. He entertained us, educated us, and added a lightness at times that I needed. I have faced the question of suicide twice in my life, so far the answer has been no. With me the pressures came from 3 areas

1) sexual abuse by my father and mother (jw)

2) my mother's alcoholism and emotional abuse

3) abuse from the WTS and is members

3) dealing with depression for the last 40 years

I got professional help for all of them and it has been major help for me along with support groups I have been in. Face to face help was absolutely necessary for me...people who have walked the walk.

I feel bad that I did not reach out more to oompa and thank all of you on JWN and elsewhere who did.

Blondie

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

When I heard the news this morning, I was shocked. May you rest in peace oompa (Eric)

My condolences to his family and all his friends.

Kojack

• zoiks
    zoiks

What a terrible loss...may you rest in peace, Eric.

• irondork
  • elderelite
    elderelite

JWN is a place we arive at by turning on our computer. We type a URL. We log in....we laugh, rant and rave until the real world becons us. Then we close the lap top lid and live.

In the end, We are all real people with real lives, full of real joys and real problems. No ones life can be summerized in a few sentences or few moments of grief.

We all lost something from our real lives.

Rest in Peace Oompa .

• compound complex
    compound complex

Love and Peace (at last), dear Oompa.

CoCo

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

This morning I am riding my motorcycle in remembrance of Oompa...I know he shared my passion for bikes for a while. Having survived a nasty crash he fough hard and recovered...but he couldn't recover from the harm and hardship caused by the WTS...how does one live on when the ones you love abandon you because their love for the cult is more powerful than the love they should naturally have for you...if one day my family was to chose the cult over me I don't know if I could live on. Farewell Oompa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit