SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• redredrose
    redredrose

Okay, I only have a couple of details but here they are. A relative of mine has just talked to Eric's parents and they were told that there are no arrangements for a funeral or service, apparently those were Eric's wishes. I was also told that he hung himself.

My relative informed me that his mother is planning to call me. I didn't call her immediately because I wasn't sure how it would be recieved, but I've called and left a message for her. Whatever else I find will be shared here on the board.

I've also messaged his son and, again, will post whatever I can.

Such a lonely, lonely end. May he have he peace he always looked for.

• somebody
    somebody

This has been the saddest news. There are SO many of us crying real tears too !!! As tornapart has said, "All JWs can see are angry negative apostates... these are real people, with real pain, real despair.... some like oompa are just hurting too bad to be able to cope with it." . Those words SCREAM the truth!

My heart goes out to his family, and to all of us here who are feeling the intense pain of Eric's passing.

R I P Eric

peace,

somebody

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wha happened?: Maybe I should pay more attention.

Maybe we ALL should.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Perhaps a date, time, and hour, for us to meet online........

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

What a tragic thing to happen. I had no idea he was in so much pain. I am so sorry to hear about his death. I agree we have to help each other

endure the pain caused by this damned organization. May he rest in peace. Thank you redredrose for informing us about the tragedy.

PHG

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

A great loss. RIP oompa.

• lettib74
    lettib74

Rest In Peace Oompa

;(

• mamalove
    mamalove

This is so very sad. He was a great human being. I imagine this is excruciating for his family and wife, even though there was a large strain.

The shunning is so wicked. RIP Eric

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Please, anyone know OOMPA’s age?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

JW Gone Bad wrote: Please, anyone know OOMPA’s age?

According to his Facebook page, he was born in 1961. That would make him 51.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit