Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well allow me just to say that you have said the same thing about MY search, lol.

No, I haven’t. An entirely different dynamic is at work with your search.

It is not an assumption. You don't look at God through Christ... first and foremost. You have stated that yourself. In our many conversations, you do not understand how I can look to Christ first, and compare everything else to Him... rather than look at Him through everything else. Backwards.

It IS an assumption, and I have never stated this. I understand exactly what you are saying---I just think it is BS. I get it. You look at Christ and you measure all things according to what you think he is. I have pointed out on numerous occasions that the Christ you have created today is very different than the Christ you would have created 100 years ago and the Christ you would create 100 years from now. It comes down to personal revelation, or the ‘voice’ you say you hear. I was open to it. It didn’t happen. Now you are going to tell me the special formula to use to get this information directly from Christ. Well I think if I went directly to the source and begged for direction, as you tell me I should do, then I should not take your personal revelation to mean anything to me. You don’t want people to follow you, you don’t want to be a spokesperson, you tell everyone to ask on their own behalf. So I did. Nothing.

People muck that up, and make it more complex... adding religion and theology and 'innerrancy' to scriptures so that they all become equal and correct (which is in itself unbiblical, lol)

Yeah, LOL. Another assumption. You assume that the all of the people here have only ever been exposed to belief through the JW’s. I argue that you pick and choose what you like from the bible, because you do---but that does not mean that I never did that myself.

you pointed out all the many ways you have searched; and I simply pointed out the one way that you have not looked at God. Not through religion, theology, the bible... but very simply through Christ.

MMMMHMMMMMM You know all. Believers often do.

• tec
    tec

No, I haven’t. An entirely different dynamic is at work with your search.

Of the bible, NC.

It IS an assumption, and I have never stated this. I understand exactly what you are saying---I just think it is BS.

How is it an assumption if you JUST said that you think it is bs. You DON'T look at God through Christ. You don't look at Christ over anything/everything else. THAT is what I stated, that YOU state.

I get it. You look at Christ and you measure all things according to what you think he is. I have pointed out on numerous occasions that the Christ you have created today is very different than the Christ you would have created 100 years ago and the Christ you would

create 100 years from now.

We were talking about the bible, right? So yes, everything in it is measured against Him. In black and white. Has nothing to do with who I think he is. It is right there. I do not take anything else written about God, over anything Christ showed and taught about God.

It comes down to personal revelation, or the ‘voice’ you say you hear. I was open to it. It didn’t happen.

His voice guides and confirms, yes.

But before I listend to his voice (at least knowingly) I looked to Him. And the only thing I thought I had to do that with WAS the bible. Since this is a conversation about biblical knowledge, well, then I will restate that you did not conduct your 'search' by looking to CHRIST first and foremost. But rather, upon taking the bible as a whole. Though in reality, I don't see how you can think that you do that either, because the conclusion of that 'whole' is to look to CHRIST to see God. That Christ is the Truth and the Word and the Image of God.

Now you are going to tell me the special formula to use to get this information directly from Christ.

No, I am not. I know of no special formula. Just listen to Christ. Starting with looking to Him to see God. Nothing and no one else.

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept him, beacuse it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as oprhans; I will come to you. "

Well I think if I went directly to the source and begged for direction, as you tell me I should do, then I should not take your personal revelation to mean anything to me. You don’t want people to follow you, you don’t want to be a spokesperson, you tell everyone to ask on their own behalf. So I did. Nothing.

You should not take my word for a personal revelation.

But that does not have anything to do with a discussion on knowledge of the bible. You won't look at God through Christ... you think it is bs. That is all I stated, and those are your words.

Yeah, LOL. Another assumption. You assume that the all of the people here have only ever been exposed to belief through the JW’s.

LOL.. no I don't. Not even close. I don't even know how you make that assumption based on what I said.

I argue that you pick and choose what you like from the bible, because you do---but that does not mean that I never did that myself.

Just Christ. I just measure/test everything against Him.

The bible does not give life.

But Christ does.

The bible is not the Word, Image, and Truth of God.

Christ is though.

So why listen to something/someone over Him?

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

But that does not have anything to do with a discussion on knowledge of the bible.

It does when I have made the point that I didn't rely solely on the bible.

Last word. Let's see if it sticks. Don't think I ever got it with a conversation with you. This is a test.

• tec
    tec

It does when I have made the point that I didn't rely solely on the bible.

True. You also conducted a search of various religions, churches, etc. Those also are not looking at God solely through Christ, though.

Last word. Let's see if it sticks. Don't think I ever got it with a conversation with you. This is a test.

Lol.

Yeah, no... I don't always do so well with that, even if i am just coming back to say... "You know what, good point!"

I usually keep going though, if there is more to say.

Peace!

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

True. You also conducted a search of various religions, churches, etc. Those also are not looking at God solely through Christ, though.

Are you suggesting that because my search included various religions and churches, that it invalidates the many other ways that I have searched? Has that tainted the process in some way? I could use the same reasoning with you. YOU studied with JW's and therefore every other effort you made to search for your god is invalid. Right? How does mentioning that my search included various religions and churches support your point in any way? Does the fact that you studied with JW's support my point? Think about it!

So you have been posting with me for nearly 2 years. Am I known not to look at all sides and consider many things? So you would suggest that with something that is as important as gods I would not have been thorough?

That just proves my point---the assumption that we gave up quickly or shrugged things off. Our deficiency? We just didn't look at it from a believer's specific viewpoint and if we would only do that............

The funny part about it is that every believer thinks that, and they don't agree exactly either. So basically, you are saying that I must look at this through the eyes of 7 billion people before I have made a full investigation, which is just silly. Or maybe you are saying I only need to look at it YOUR way and I will find what you have.

I've used this before, and I will use it now. I heard it years ago. To spot a fake dollar bill, you don't need to learn what every fake dollar bill looks like, you only need to know what an authentic dollar bill looks like. A real god would make sense. There would be evidence. There would be communication. It would have a personality and not be defined by what I think it is, but by what it is. That's not what I see in these gods around us. They are whoever the believer wants them to be, and that is not logical. YOU say Jesus is one thing, and someone else says Jesus is another thing. Well why doesn't Jesus chime in? I would say that a god that cared for all wouldn't play favorites and would reveal itself to all equally. Yet we find that believers overwhelmingly believe in the tradition of their birth place. Jesus doesn't show himself to Hindus. So you have Christians who will, arrogantly I might add, conclude that Jesus DOES reveal himself to these people, they just think he's someone else.

It is a common perception that atheists are arrogant. We could argue that forever, but here is the truth. Believers are exceedingly arrogant in many ways. The assumption that in their search, taken on shoulder to shoulder with those around them, ended with THEM finding it and others not. And now they are blessed. Yeah? I see no difference in the lives of believers vs nonbelievers. Not in circumstances and not in disposition.

• tec
    tec
    Are you suggesting that because my search included various religions and churches, that it invalidates the many other ways that I have searched?

No. I am just repeating the different ways you say that you conducted your search.

But those searches all included looking at God through someone/thing else OTHER than simply looking at God through Christ.

I had no other point than that.

So you have been posting with me for nearly 2 years. Am I known not to look at all sides and consider many things? So you would suggest that with something that is as important as gods I would not have been thorough?

You are known (by me) to NOT look at God through Christ. To look at God through all sorts of other things, but never solely Christ. You think that is bs. That again, is my point. So yeah, I think you were thorough in every way... except that you have avoided this one thing. This one thing that God DID say to do, that Christ DID say to do.

It is confusing to me.. that in considering who God is (because considering whether he is real or not is another topic), you can dismiss that as bs.

That just proves my point---the assumption that we gave up quickly or shrugged things off. Our deficiency? We just didn't look at it from a believer's specific viewpoint and if we would only do that............

I do not make that assumption.

I just point out that you do not do this: look at God through His Son.

The funny part about it is that every believer thinks that, and they don't agree exactly either. So basically, you are saying that I must look at this through the eyes of 7 billion people before I have made a full investigation, which is just silly. Or maybe you are saying I only need to look at it YOUR way and I will find what you have.

No.

I stated above what confuses me.

Christ IS communication. The LIVING WORD of God. If you are going to listen to the communication of other things/people/organizations, etc, to see God instead... then whose choice is that?

It has nothing to do with God playing favorites. He said listen to my son. He did not say... listen to the bible; listen to various religions; listen to men over my son. He said listen to my Son.

It is a common perception that atheists are arrogant. We could argue that forever, but here is the truth. Believers are exceedingly arrogant in many ways.

Well, I don't usually follow common perceptions.

Both atheists, believers (of any sort), and even agnostics can be arrogant.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

For the record (though I'm gonna be late for work now, lol) I do not think that you are arrogant.

Peace,

tammy

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

My Coptic tutor said he reckoned it was a modern forgery the first day it was in the news.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You are studying Coptic, slim?

• jam
    jam

Tammy serious questions, "Personal relationship with Jesus".

The problem is, no one ever said what this actually ment.

What exactly is a personal relationship with Jesus?

What happen? How do you know you have a personal

relationship with Jesus? What did it consist of?

I was born and raised in a Christian household. Went to

church as a youth, I prayed and ask God to forgive my sins.

As a young man in Vietnam I prayed a lot. While serving

in Nam a friend, older then most of the guys calim to

have a personal relationship with God. We spent many

nites in his tent discussing this. The poor guy had a

difficult time, but he talk about his personal relationship

with Jesus. Why couldn,t I have that personal relatioship.

The same questions I ask him I ask you, how do you

know if you have. Just as NC said, it,s not like I wasn,t

seeking it I made every effort to get it. It would have been

nice if Jesus had met me half way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit