Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

CA said:

"Designs, why is that a weird idea? God doesn't put himself into your life unless you want to come to him. You can keep him at arms distance."

Suweet.... Can I quote you on that, in case I'm wrong about Armageddon, eg "But Christ Alone said you cannot enter my life if I don't want you to, and I don't, so get out of here and take that Armageddon nonsense with you!"?

As far as personal experiences being reliable, I suppose you've never encountered someone suffering from hallucinations, whether caused by endogenous mental illness or exogenous substances (LSD) ?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Jam, I showed him so many scriptures he had never seen or heard before. We went into the ancient Greek and Hebrew, and there were words he'd never heard of. I was giving the Hebrew and Greek equivalents. He was pretty blown away. Now his aunt has heard about it, and she is intrigued. Next time I visit, she would like to meet with me and discuss. They really do read their bibles. I have no doubt of that. But they haven't researched it like I have.

• jam
    jam

New Chapter, that,s great "Aunt has heard about it, and she

is intrigue." The only ones I can discuss the Bible with

are you folks here. Of course I can,t discuss it with my

JW family and the other side(non-JW,s) get upset. So when

we get togather, that,s one subject they never bring up.LOL

One of my brothers told me, you think you know more about

the bible then people that has attend religious schools.

I told him, probably most.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Like the recognized gospels are authentic historical accounts of a man who was born of a virgin, walked on water, healed the sick and deformed, raised the dead and rose from the dead himself.

LOL...it's true...theres a book that says so.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well I like to show that not only have I read the bible, but deeply investigated it. This helps dispel the myth that if we just understood we would believe. I show them that I understand even better, and that lowers that a bit. Of course, believers are prone to confirmation bias, so it is possible that no matter what I say, they will conclude that I did not search.

For instance, I can prove that I have done a thorough study of the bible that goes deeper than anything they have done, but they will conclude that I did not open my heart. Then I'll tell them that I was a believer when I embarked on this endeavor and had a wide open heart, and they may conclude that I didn't have my heart in the proper place even if it was open. Then I tell them the long list of religions I researched, attended, studied with, and they conclude but I just hadn't found the RIGHT one, which is always their brand. Or they tell me I rely on the bible too much, and that this information should come through private revealtion. So I tell them I used to pray in earnest and tell God that whereever he led me, whatever the answer, I would listen and respond.

And it goes on and on and on. I think it is very difficult for them to accept that someone could have unshakeable faith, just like theirs, and deeply felt the presence of God, and one day concluded that he was not there. That's pretty scary for them. So they much conclude that there was some flaw in my faith, something THEY don't have, of course. Or that I felt hurt or angry---quite the contrary. I felt no such things at the time I came to this conclusion. I simply could not deny the facts anymore. My brain would not allow it.

Ah well. I know as a believer I was incapable of understanding the atheist viewpoint no matter how much I thought I did. But having been a believer for most of my life, and attending many different churches, I do understand what it means to be a believer. Yet I find as time goes on, it is getting more difficult to recall. I'm glad for that.

The thing is, when you are a believer, you cannot conceive of anything more empty than losing faith. But when I let my faith go, I felt amazing. It was such a weight lifted. My brain worked better and without the constant struggle of cognitive dissonance. They don't understand that. It leads to posts similar to what is on this thread--pity. And it's kind of funny, because they have no clue to how liberating walking away really is.

• jam
    jam

Well said NC, very good.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I find the pity of believers quite amusing these days....and kind of sad in an amusing kind of way.

And as far as being ANGRY atheists.....ROFL....if only you knew how silly that is.

• tec
    tec

they will conclude that I did not search

Searching does not mean you conducted your search right. I mean, how many people think their way is right?

I do think you may have tried as many ways to search as I could also think of... save ONE. If you want truth from your search about God, then you have to look at Christ. Only Christ.

If you can only see through the bible (even if just in the beginning), then look at it through Christ.

And if you want to know what is true of God... look at Christ.

That, as far as I can see in our many conversations, is the one search you have not done. Ironic.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Searching does not mean you conducted your search right. I mean, how many people think their way is right?

LOL---Priceless. And that just adds to my point. On top of all the other things a believer will say about my search, let me add this one. I didn't conduct the search properly. Of course the assumption here is that I did not look at Christ. Another person will tell me that I didn't look at the Torah. Just more of the part of my theory that says they will say I rely too much on the bible, or I need to rely on personal revelation. Now my theory has predictive powers and therefore, grows stronger!

The deficiency is always with the nonbeliever and never with the god. It is not enough that I opened my heart and told God and Jesus that whatever the answer, wherever it may lead, whatever I need to do, I was willing. No, you see, this god requires something more than a promise and willingness to follow what is revealed, it requires specifics that I don't know. Or maybe a believer will question my sincerity. Or maybe I wasn't in the proper praying position. Perhaps I was holding back! Above all, magic never fails. The fault is always on the human---the weaker of the two entitities, the one with limited knowledge, the one that does not know the rules of the game. There are these lucky ones that figure it out and then there are those who are deficient and we need to pity them cuz they didn't figure it out. DO NOT expect their god to give a clue though! LOL

That was beautiful in it's predictability and desperation.

• tec
    tec

LOL---Priceless. And that just adds to my point. On top of all the other things a believer will say about my search, let me add this one. I didn't conduct the search pro

Well allow me just to say that you have said the same thing about MY search, lol.

Of course the assumption here is that I did not look at Christ.

It is not an assumption. You don't look at God through Christ... first and foremost. You have stated that yourself. In our many conversations, you do not understand how I can look to Christ first, and compare everything else to Him... rather than look at Him through everything else. Backwards.

It is not enough that I opened my heart and told God and Jesus that whatever the answer, wherever it may lead, whatever I need to do, I was willing. No, you see, this god requires something more than a promise and willingness to follow what is revealed, it requires

specifics that I don't know

"Listen to my Son. He is the Truth."

"If you have seen me, you have seen my Father."

Simple.

People muck that up, and make it more complex... adding religion and theology and 'innerrancy' to scriptures so that they all become equal and correct (which is in itself unbiblical, lol)

Or maybe a believer will question my sincerity. Or maybe I wasn't in the proper praying position. Perhaps I was holding back! Above all, magic never fails.

Some will. I know.

But that is not what I did. I went by what you, yourself, have said. No more than that.

Above all, magic never fails. The fault is always on the human---the weaker of the two entitities, the one with limited knowledge, the one that does not know the rules of the game. There are these lucky ones that figure it out and then there are those who are deficient

and we need to pity them cuz they didn't figure it out. DO NOT expect their god to give a clue though! LOL

Listen to my Son.

Again, so much more simple than all the rules men have added. Who could possibly know or follow all of those rules? I hear you on that.

For the record, I don't pity you or think you are deficient.

You are simply here, talking about Christ and God and your knowledge of the bible. And while you probably do know more about that book than some/many believers... as well as knowing less than some/many believers... you pointed out all the many ways you have searched; and I simply pointed out the one way that you have not looked at God. Not through religion, theology, the bible... but very simply through Christ.

That was beautiful in it's predictability and desperation.

Predictable from me perhaps... but there is no desperation. It is simply true.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit