Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

To assault atheists as arrogant does not make the evidence go away.

• undercover
    undercover

Science and archeology, and even the Bible can be challenged. But when it comes down to it, personal experiences can't.

Bullshit. Yes, they can. If someone came in this room right now and said they met President Obama at lunch, I'd challenge that experience. If that person were able to prove it, then I'd say, 'Oh, ok. I was wrong. You did meet the president."

If you claim some extraordinary experience with a supernatural being and claim it's real and true, well, until there's proof, it's nothing more than claiming to have been abducted by aliens and having seen their space craft. Fantasy. You can believe it if you want, but don't expect anyone grounded in reality to.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I didn't say you were arrogant. I just wondered if you were willing to open your eyes to God being present in your life instead of pushing him away due to what you think of as lack of evidence.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Designs, why is that a weird idea? God doesn't put himself into your life unless you want to come to him. You can keep him at arms distance.

• designs
    designs

It goes to the assumtions that are made about god and what believers allow to be credited to god and areas where they feel god does not manifest in some common way.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm talking about internal experiences, a person seeing God manipulating situations in their life, experiences that some people have with NDE's, etc... t would be like me challenging your feelings. If you said, "I feel sad today", I could not say "No you don't"

• designs
    designs

NDEs are interesting as are apparitions, I've had them and they are explainable both from a believers point of view and from a psychological point of view. I experienced them as a believer and now understand them better as a non believer.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Definitely, designs. And no one can argue with how you feel about NDE's and your belief or non belief in the afterlife.

• undercover
    undercover

I communicate with dead people. They visit me in my sub-conscious and tell me about their experiences in the after life. Some are miserable. They were bad people and got sent to ba bad place. Others are in bliss. They were good people and they got sent to paradise. Others are in the wating room, waiting for the final decision on where to go. The line is quite long though. Some have been there upwards of 10 years, waiting to see where they'll end up in an eternity. The saddest one is a little girl who was killed by a grizzly bear...but because the night before she cheated on an exam, she's afraid of where they'll send her.

This is an internal experience and it can't be challenged. If I say it happened then it's true and you can't argue about it.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

And it's funny how the arm chair atheist scholars here have OVERWHELMING evidence for disavowing the gospels. Yet, many experts still hold to their validity. Amazing.

they hold to their validity as historical documents explaining the beliefs of the people writing it, or they hold to their validity as proof that Jesus is really a God man who actually did the things claimed by the writers? big difference between the 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit