Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I guess what I find most sad about unbelievers is that God hasn't showed Himself to them in their lives. Must be lonely.

well arent you special? my, what pathetic losers we are to not be worthy of God to show himself to us. you clearly are better than us. us poor wicked people and our demands of empirical evidence, doomed to hell for all eterinity.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

ChristAlone, you seem wise in the way of Christian belief.

Help me out.

Why, if Paul is Jesus biggest fan, and considered the founder of Christianity, why does Paul never mention Jesus' miracles?

Or his sayings?

P

• Diest
    Diest

I see God in the bible. How impressive he must be to have a prophesized about the fall of Jerusalem. Even more impressive he could not be bothered to maintain one manuscript from before the event. Truly, it is a marvel of divine power. Only an all powerful God could write prophesy after the fact and make it seem impressive.

• jam
    jam

Christ Alone; I am willing to bet you, an arm chair

athesit scholars knows more about the Bible then your

arm chair believer. How did we become Atheist or Agnostics.

You must remerber we were believers at one time, most of us.

Personally, my fall from Grace you might say, came about because

I felt a need for deeper spiritual experience. I didn,t go into this

with the intent to find fault with the Bible. I wasn,t upset with

God or upset with the borg. I felt A need to get closer to God.

Now would it make sense for God to push me away when I,am trying

to find him.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, claims that

Jesus was resurrected from the dead is extraordinary.

How much evidence do we have concerning the event? A single

tiny handful of crumbling fragments of documents written 2 to

3 centuries after the fact. So why do you believe this fragment

was fake and not Jesus resurrection?

• mP
    mP

Of course the gospels predicted the fall of Jeruslam. The only problem is all scholars including the WT say that Mark, Mt, Lk and JOhn were all written after in some case 30 years after 70 ad. I wonder if they just fixed the text ? Its not hard to prophecy after the event.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Of course the gospels predicted the fall of Jeruslam. The only problem is all scholars including the WT say that Mark, Mt, Lk and JOhn were all written after in some case 30 years after 70 ad. I wonder if they just fixed the text ? Its not hard to prophecy after the event.

Just to clarify, the WT does date MT considerably before AD 70, and I know they date Lk and Mk prior to that date as well. John they agree is post-70.

A few scholars date Mark considerably early, even fewer date Mt very early and hold to its priority. Many though do date Mk shortly before 70 (during the Jewish War).

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Science and archeology, and even the Bible can be challenged. But when it comes down to it, personal experiences can't.

In other words, its unfalsifiable. Which is true, if the experience is purely subjective.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I guess what I find most sad about unbelievers is that God hasn't showed Himself to them in their lives. Must be lonely. Extrodinary proof? I have seen it in my own life. But that is mine to hold on to. If He hasn't shown Himself in yours, well...I'm sorry. Maybe you weren't looking.

Aw, don't be sad! Don't pity our parties, nonlonliness, freed minds, peace of mind, calm existence in reality, and that we feel that we are simply human and not defective in need of a savior. That shouldn't make you feel sad for me. I feel sad too---but for very different reasons. I'm so sorry you are held hostage to superstition and confirmation bias. That you must deny so much evidence to hang onto your ancient beliefs. I wish you could break free.

LOL---And they say nonbelievers are snarky and believers aren't! WOW---that was priceless!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I had a very long conversation with a believer last weekend. We went deep into the bible. He concluded that I knew a great deal more about the bible than he did. Ironic.

• jam
    jam

New Chapter: That is Ironic. In order to become an atheist

or agnostic you must know the bible. To become a believer

it,s not necessary. It,s amazing the number of believers( I discuss

the bible with) have no idea what is written in that book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit