Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy, our culture today is vastly superior to 1st Century Judea. To find an equivelent you would have to go to Afgan under the Taliban.

• tec
    tec

All a matter of perspective Cofty. Freedom, I would agree with you. But that just makes the abuse of freedom more prevalent. But like I said... better in some ways; worse in other ways.

Peace,

tammy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Tec, can you just ask JoHasUAll MessedAllUp (...something like that) if Jesus had a wife? While you are there, settle once and for all how he feels about gay marriage, abortion, and the theory of evolution.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...but check with AGuest before she has to say you heard it wrong.

• cofty
    cofty

Jahoobywhatsizname has already told Shelby that evolution is true but not for humans. All the evidence to the contrary is to be dismissed for the prophetess has spoken.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So, here is the problem. I AM asking, sincerly, with zero reliance on the lying scribes, for something that would give me reason to have faith. I am not the kind of person that would believe without something first.

Why am I getting nothing?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

But that sounds elitist, and i don't think our culture is superior at all

Then I am elitist. We don't have a perfect culture---not by far---but when compared to the Ancient Hebrew culture, and the culture that built this god, and his son, we are from a much more superior culture. WE come from a culture where people spoke out against slavery and even fought a war over it. And these people didn't do it some vague flower- child way to suggest we all play nice, but came right out and SAID, you can't own slaves. When comparing Jesus to Abraham Lincoln, Federick Douglas, even Susan B. Anthony, Jesus should be ashamed of himself. These people, supposedly, had far less power and forsight than Jesus, and yet THEY brought about change. They dedicated and Lincoln even sacrificed his life to change.

Now I am just a simple human, but the limited knowledge I have when compared to what you perceive Jesus to be, tells me that if a practice was deeply entrenched in his own culture, and would lead to such abominations in the future (he would know that, right?) then leaving out a mention or two is absolutely criminal. I don't think he worried about it all that much----he never mentioned it. Think about the smaller things that concerned him. Was slavery just too far down his list? Was it on his list at all?

And yet, you would insist that people have to trust this person first, and gain wisdom as a result. We would base that on what?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And yet, you would insist that people have to trust this person first, and gain wisdom as a result. We would base that on what?

He wore a dress?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "So this... you are looking for followers if you write about your faith... seems to be nothing more than leftover baggage from religion (which most think is the same thing as faith) and because some of those men DO seek only followers of themselves. It is very easy to fall into that, if you start thinking about your own ego and pride, I think. So a person has to be careful. But there are atheists like that too. They write books, and have tv shows, and debates, etc, and they have people who hand off their every word... sort of just like... followers." tec, post #11221, page #22

Sorry, honey, but your perception of atheists' behaviors is DEAD wrong.

Getting atheists together is generally like herding cats, because nearly EVERY atheist worth his or her salt is going to QUESTION, QUESTION, QUESTION...

Atheists have different POLITICAL views - some are conservative, some liberal, some independent; they have different LIFESTYLES - some are married, others just living together, some having one-night stands and others leading a gay/lesbian relationship or one-night-stand lifestyle...

Atheists have different SOCIAL views - some believe in charities and social works, while others cleave to a rugged individualism.

It is generally ONLY within religous movements that one finds blind, mentally-numb, unquestioning loyalty.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Whoa, Zid. I disagree. I am your 100% run-of-the-mill, average, just like every other atheist, meaning I live in the deep south, am a Jew, own guns and has a concealed Carry license, registered Democrat, white collar job, use tobacco, drink scotch, play golf, love football, love fishing, hate Facebook, Twitter, etc., hunt regularly and I love to cook and garden.

Isn't that the very definition of an atheist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit