Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec

Why does counting days seem like a lack of trust? Are you suggesting you know how Jesus feels about something? He certainly didn't say NOT to keep track of time.

No, I'm not suggesting that at all. But it does have the feeling of a lack of trust in Him; or that you have him set on your timetable.

Like if my husband promised to try to be more romantic (hypothetical, btw, he is far more romantic than me... hell, he probably counts days for things, lol)... and I started counting the days until he brought me flowers home or something. Day 1, nope. Day 2, nope. Day 3 (foot tapping a bit impatiently now), nope, etc, etc. I might even have a big blow=up, only to realize that he's been doing dishes, cooking breakfast, etc, etc, instead because that is what he considered to be romantic, to help me out. Rather than the flowers and chocolates that i was waiting for. So much so that i didn't even notice the quiet things he was doing.

(sorry, that went off to add in another element)

It just... it isn't the time that is important. It is the faith in Him.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NC, with all your long posts, does that mean you are seeking followers? Or does that only apply to people who you disagree with? If anyone shares knowledge that they have on any topic, does that mean they are seeking followers of themselves? Or does it mean they are putting knowledge out there for people to do with it, what they will?

Nobody has to take my word for anything, like they do with you. All of my information comes from independent sources that anybody can investigate. They are not required to have faith, or blind faith to find this information. I have no special knowledge or communication at all. I am not tasked with telling others anything at all. They can find it, and they will if someone else doesn't come along and ask them to put aside their questions and just have FAITH.

You must have a certain measure of faith to get the answers you claim are out there. Not everyone can access the information, unless they first believe and accept what you have been saying to some extent. Not necessary with me. Everyone get's to fact check me, and without sacrificing any portion of their ability to reason and think. If they want answers, I can suggest some reading---but there are many sources. If they want answers---you tell them they can get them directly from Christ, the only source, and to do so, they must first have faith in something they don't understand, but if they follow your example, they should finally be able to tap in to it. That's why you tell everyone what you think they are doing wrong when they don't hear the voice. You have all kinds of reasons. In fact, if I went post by post, there is probably a book of reasons it doesn't work for others, but works for you. So yes, you are looking for followers, or gaining followers for another. This source you speak of can only be accessed after carrying out the magic spell very precisely, and you have the rules----rules they can't understand until they follow your rules.

With me-----well---I'd say just google. It's available to all. I don't even have to tell them how to use it. READ. LEARN. Seek for your answers, and if someone tells you that you must give up your thinking for even a second and just accept something to find your answer, walk carefully. They are looking for followers.

• tec
    tec

No, they aren't the same. If they were, they would be spelled the same. Try getting away with that on your passport and see what happens. Or your bank account.

Come on, this is apples and oranges. You're talking about a spelling mistake right now... versus a name from thousands of years ago.

And mistakes over thousands of years don't make the guesses right or more than just guesses. And who are these people that use the name Mischajah? I literally couldn't, after multiple searches, find a single reference to it outside of Shelby.

Google only hits the big things. Or even moderate. Not small. In any case, MischaJah is not a name; it is a title. I don't recall anyone else who has used that title either. (doesn't mean no one else is out there, of course; google and the internet are not everything) I never brought that up at all, and i never said that.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It seems you are assuming I am setting expectations.....

• tec
    tec

NC, no one (well, no one that you are talking to when talking to me at least) has ever said that anyone must give up their thinking, or thir reasoning, or their checking and researching, and follow ANYTHING ... or ANYONE... blindly, or even at all. You might think that faith requires such things, but not all people think the same as that.

So this... you are looking for followers if you write about your faith... seems to be nothing more than leftover baggage from religion (which most think is the same thing as faith) and because some of those men DO seek only followers of themselves. It is very easy to fall into that, if you start thinking about your own ego and pride, I think. So a person has to be careful. But there are atheists like that too. They write books, and have tv shows, and debates, etc, and they have people who hand off their every word... sort of just like... followers.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

It seems you are assuming I am setting expectations.....

No, I'm not assuming anything about you at all. Just stated what the counting feels like to me. As for my 'tangent'... that was what I did, so I put that out there in case some (or you) recognize the same thing in yourself. Not THAT you are; only IF you are.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Tec, can I get all of my answers without hearing a voice? Where will those answers come from, if not directly from your lord? How can I independently find these answers---without you and without personal input from your lord? You have said the bible is extremely limited for finding those answers, and in fact, using it too much will lead you away from the answers.

SO---indepedent of what you say, independent of hearing a voice, independent of listening to others share an experience that I cannot replicate---where do the answers come from.

AND if they do not come independent of those things, then that means, I must FIRST exercise some faith BEFORE I can have understanding. Acting without understanding IS setting aside thinking and just trusting. Therefore, I restate my argument that if anyone, ANYONE, no matter what their personal make up is, wants to learn about ANYTHING I share, they can do so independently with absolutely no input from me, Dawkins, Hitchens---whoever. They NEVER have to set aside their thinking and just trust to any degree. Everything can be recreated by anybody, if they choose to do so.

Not so with your voice. I FIRST have to believe in the possiblity of that voice, without ANY proof, and I have to have faith that hearing that voice will be beneficial, without ANY proof, and I have to know I need to look for that voice, which can't really come directly from the bible, because just reading it one can come away with many interpretations---but I kind of have to hear others telling me that I can hear this voice IF I do or don't do----this, and this, and this----

This is a different dynamic, and most certainly does require at some point, a 'leap of faith' and a setting aside of reason.

• tec
    tec

Tec, can I get all of my answers without hearing a voice? Where will those answers come from, if not directly from your lord? How can I independently find these answers---without you and without personal input from your lord? You have said the bible is extremely

limited for finding those answers, and in fact, using it too much will lead you away from the answers.

It IS all written. Just depends on who you look to (or what eyes you look with) for understanding. I have said the bible is limited. Not 'extremely' limited. (It is always better to go to the source, though, right? But not everyone has the faith to do that, at least not at first, or even understanding that it is possible).

But I haven't shared much that isn't also written, so those things CAN be checked. As for anything else, I have never accepted them from anyone else. If I don't see or hear it myself, then I shelve it. If it is against Christ and love, then I will reject it, or ask further questions of the person who shares it as to how it can be true if it is against Christ and love (in case I have misunderstood)

As for acting on blind faith... I never did that. I believed in him through his teachings... the truth and love in him and in his teachings. Not only in theory or in recognition, but when put into practice, I knew the truth in them. I could not see truth in all he said and taught, and then turn and think that he was a liar. Lies do not produce (and live) truth like that. That is not reasonable. So I trusted him, and believed in the other things He said (such as speaking about the spirit and how the Spirit will teach and guide into all truth); so that this also became not only in theory, but also in practice.

Faith is not based on nothing, nor is it blind, NC. No one is saying that it has to be for anyone else, either.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Faith is not based on nothing, nor is it blind, NC. No one is saying that it has to be for anyone else, either.

If it cannot be seen or investigated by anybody (without first bartering trust and faith) then there is a blind spot. Only faith can push one past that blind spot. If using what is written is good too---I find what it written to be incredibly lacking. You may like what you see written, but I don't like all of it, and it does not all make sense.

Interestingly, a Christian Conservative recently wrote that since Jesus, nor Paul ever condemned slavery, it can't be a bad thing. This was a very common practice of the day, yet they were silent. I have decided that my morals are higher than theirs, and I don't trust this Christ because he has not proven trustworthy, therefore I will not barter a leap of faith with this lacking person. Now, if he has something more wonderful to say, he can direct me to it without first requiring my trust and faith. Unless that happens, then a certain portion of my reasoning must be set aside to trust a person who has proven very untrustworthy in my eyes. From his own words, he was in agreement with his father----and his father ordered young women to be stoned for not being virgins.

Not my kind of god. No trust to be given----so he can either speak---or not speak----but I won't be led like a little puppy dog by those who claim there is something greater there. I'm sure he excelled in some areas, and failed in others. For his culture, perhaps he was a decent man, but I like my culture better, and I think it is superior in many ways. He is not a great person according to this superior culture.

If you are able to dismiss all that, and have trust anyway, that's fine. But it is still a price and direction to set our reason aside in order to get our answers. I would never ask anyone to do that. No faith required, what I offer is accessible to all, therefore I am not needed, nor is Dawkins, Hitchens or any of the others you think are forming a cult or whatever.

• tec
    tec

There is always a blind spot in faith, especially in the beginning - in anyone. You build upon faith because the One you trust is true and faithful to his word/promises/teachings/etc. Be that Christ, or a parent, or a loved one, etc.

You may like what you see written, but I don't like all of it, and it does not all make sense.

I don't like ALL of what is written either, but it makes a lot more sense when it is all measured against Christ. (HE is the truth, right... He sheds light on the darkness; so even in the bible, nothing can contradict him and be true)

Interestingly, a Christian Conservative recently wrote that since Jesus, nor Paul ever condemned slavery, it can't be a bad thing. This was a very common practice of the day, yet they were silent. I have decided that my morals are higher than theirs, and I don't trust

this Christ because he has not proven trustworthy, therefore I will not barter a leap of faith with this lacking person. Now, if he has something more wonderful to say, he can direct me to it without first requiring my trust and faith. Unless that happens, then a certain

portion of my reasoning must be set aside to trust a person who has proven very untrustworthy in my eyes.

It doesn't really matter to me what some christian conservative wrote or thinks. He is not Christ. And he seems to have forgotten the golden rule; that Christ taught us to SERVE... not to enslave; to love others as He loved us. There are many horrors that people do that He did not specifically speak out against. But his words and his teachings on how we are to treat one another, of themselves, speak out against hurting others. Slavery was completely entrenched in their culture. They had been sold to slavery; and they had taken slaves.

But Christ did not teach any who followed Him to own one another. He taught them to serve one another... as brothers, equals. Even Paul shared that men, women, slave, free... all were equal to God.

From his own words, he was in agreement with his father----and his father ordered young women to be stoned for not being virgins.

You do what Michelle does. Look at it backwards. Look to CHRIST for truth. Did he order anyone to be stoned... or in the one instance we have of a woman who the law stated should be stone, do we see Him forgiving her and sending her on her way?

"I require mercy; not sacrifice."

Look to Christ to see God, and to see what God wants of us. Because Christ is the Image and Word of God. No one who came before, or after, holds those titles.

He is not a great person according to this superior culture.

Ew. Sorry. But that sounds elitist, and i don't think our culture is superior at all. Might be better in some ways, but worse in other ways. We're good at killing the spirit of a person these days. Just breaking them down until there's nothing left. But we think we're superior, and that just makes it worse.

No faith required, what I offer is accessible to all, therefore I am not needed, nor is Dawkins, Hitchens or any of the others you think are forming a cult or whatever.

I never said anything like that. Unless you think that having followers means forming a cult?

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit