Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Tec, I wouldn't lie to them. I wouldn't make their suffering worse by telling them that they will be fine after they die. That there is a being with the power to help them, but refuses. I would focus on their problems. I would focus on solutions. I would teach them to read. I would feed them. And I WOULD NOT credit some fictional character for the help I offer. I would teach them that not all humankind helps the weak, and it has nothing to do with a god. But each person is moved by their hearts, and mine moves me to help them, and I hope that this experience moves them to help someone else when they can. They would know that I don't comfort myself with the thought that their death will end their suffering, but they are living a real and precious life right now, and we have to do the best we can. I would tell them not to feel disappointed or unloved because some missionary told them that there is a god that cares, because there is no god, but there is me, and I care.

• still thinking
    still thinking

The issue IS cause and effect. Unless you think the issue is something else? Why do YOU think those children are starving?

Well...my personal reasons don't include a god because he is not real...so can we really compare why I think they starve? That would be a different conversation all together, wouldn't it?

But, then again, maybe if we did have that conversation...it would look exactly that same as the conversation with god in the scenario because the result would be no different woud it? So one has to ask....what of god? If he doesn't change the picture at all....is he really there? And how can you really claim that he is?

Is god only involved when we ask to hear his voice? Is that his only purpose? Is that all he can do or chooses to do? What sort of god are we talking about?

• tec
    tec

NC, you're telling that to someone you're helping. What about those you aren't helping? Those you might not be able to help? Those who might have no one and nothing? Someone who felt the warmth of love and peace of God and his Son, despite their phsyical suffering? Someone who leaned on that to see them through, especially when no one else is going to help them?

I also would not lie. I have to run out. When i get back, i'll tell you what I would say to someone as well.

Peace,

tammy

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said: "This world was not meant to have pain/suffering/death. It does now, and so now those who are in this world must contend with that... until such a time as these things are no more."...

but, the bible states that because of the sin of A&E and their entering this world with their fallen nature that is why this world is as it is.

I think that whether a person is a believer or non-believer the opportunity exists to help these people by putting your money where your mouth is, so to speak. Part of living the christian live is helping the poor...if humanists believe that is part of their ethos too, then good...do it.

also, still waiting for you to name your lord...

dear NewChapter et al...

I think it is kind of hypocritical to say you are concerned about these people AND at the same time USE THEM as propaganda in your no God debate.

love michelle

• still thinking
    still thinking

If you want to hear Him, then ask Him - in faith - to give you ears to hear. Look to Him. Do as He taught. I have not changed my 'tune' in this. So?

And there it is again...but it is me that says that you do this...not you...LOL

and then YOU bring it up again

And THAT is why, because everything you say depends on that message doesn't it.

drummer boy warning

I like the way believers love to come up with little labels and catch phrases for people who disagree with you.

Drummer boys

flies

rabbits

You guys love to label...does it make you feel special?

So when we point out that your voice hearing is possibly dangerous and irresponsible to promote..will you keep referring to us as drummer boys?

• cofty
    cofty

I think it is kind of hypocritical to say you are concerned about these people AND at the same time USE THEM as propaganda in your no God debate.

That's really lame Myelaine.

One thing you have in common with Tammy is this risible belief in a literal Adam and Eve.

How can we have a sensible conversation when you insist on taking refuge in a fantasy world?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Propaganda huh?

It's not hypocritical if we are personally trying to help these people...but your god apparently isn't. Well, there is no evidence that he is feeding them. But I can provide evidence that I am trying to if I had to.

What I see is people making excuses for why their god is powerless. And why the situation would be no different if their god was not real.

I would still be trying to help...your god....

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Well, I highly doubt you have never made a choice that has not caused suffering in someone else... but regardless, mankind cannot make that claim in the slightest. Mankind has gone to war for greed or power; stolen from one another; enslaved one another; treated one another without mercy, or love, or justice, or forgiveness, or equality... and countless other things.

Here is some realism to ponder over. Animals never sinned. Interestingly enough though if you study Chimpanzees, you'll find that they form groups and actually war with other groups of their own kind for territory and resources, and they kill each other! A great movie just came out several months back that really showed how this is, my jaw dropped at what I saw.

There are countless other species that do this too, so it's not strictly the domain of man to cause suffering. Suffering is abundant in the animal kingdom too without any interference from man. So if god exists, did he put this into the design? It would seem illogical if his goal is to have peace unto all his creation. When you look at this, it seems highly unlikely that there is a supreme god who really gives a hoot as the bible describes.

Furthermore if Jesus was supposed to help man out with suffering and other issues, what the heck is taking so long to cash the check? Why would a god of love wait soooo long to do that? Especially on behalf of children who are starving and crying out to him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XuXi3mqYM

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

All of the EVIDENCE that is in so far points to the conclusion that we really are on our own, and we need to stop confusing people with fairytales of the next life, how someone in the sky feels their pain, and make the most of what we have now.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well I happen to think that you're hypocritical to put little hearts after your posts, but I suppose it is better than 'peace'. I think it is hypocritical to claim to love people, and yet still insist you can have peace and joy after they pass on, while at the same time believing they may well be screaming for mercy in a Hell of your god's making---or your god allowing it to be made and confining them there. Context is everything. I am not doing a fundraisor for these children, but am having a discussion about a god who has forsaken these children. If I were doing a fundraisor for these children, I would not bring up the god debate---but we are discussing human suffering, and they represent some of the worst. Or perhaps, you would be more comfortable if they didn't get a mention at all? Perhaps you don't want you god's mercy and love tested up next to their suffering? Would you rather we choose something easier? Maybe a person who missed a meal or two saying a prayer and getting fed? Would that make things warm and snugly?

I can understand why you don't want us to bring out the worst of human suffering when asking about your god's love. I wouldn't want it brought out either if I was defending someone with so little power. So attack away. These children are not going anywhere, and your god does not care, and if he is who you claim he is, he simply must not exist, because if there really was a loving and merciful god, he wouldn't take this little 'test' out on the most vulnerable among us. Those children are proof your god does not exist. Yes---how can I prove a negative? Take a look at suffering. Proof enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit