Jwfacts, Why Do You Equate Miracles With Magic?

by Recovery 398 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Recovery
    Recovery

That would be ChristAlone when he tried to dismiss the Sparlock situation simply because it is attributed to fantasy. It would also be all your other ex JW buddies who have been trying to divert the topic by cutting and pasting Wikipedia pages and talking about the UN/NGO issue.

Elderelite I don't understand your question, can you rephrase?

• cedars
    cedars

Just to clarify why there is a need for a distinction.

A fictitious story of a wizard turning a princess into a squirrel can in no way be compared to "depictions of rape and murder" just because both are fictitious.

Cedars

• Recovery
    Recovery

Well they are both attributed to fantasy and are not attributed to real persons so why should either one bother our conscience?

• cedars
    cedars

Well they are both attributed to fantasy and are not attributed to real persons so why should either one bother our conscience?

Are you being serious? We are, after all, talking in the context of children's entertainment.

If so, I've misjudged you. I briefly mistook you for a genuine person. I think I want out of this discussion, pronto.

Cedars

• Stealth
    Stealth

Cedars: 'As part of your "research", I recommend reading the Wikipedia article on Ouija boards - specifically how they work. I'll give you a spoiler - the common consensus seems to be that they're not operated by the spirit world.'

Exactly, People really think that Parker Brothers figured out a way to contact the sprit world with a cardboard game?

Here is another news flash for Recovery; I was married to a rom gypsy whose family told fortunes. Yes, the whole contacting spirits, crystal ball, cures for evil spirts and such. Totally fake. Wrong, yes, but had nothing to do with spirits or demons or any other woo woo. They justified it by claiming they were no more than a poor man's psychiatrist.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Yes, cedars. I am glad you see the obvious fallacy in such reasoning. This is the exact line of reasoning ChristAlone is following when discussing the issue of the Sparlock toy. It is a toy wizard, and is attributed to fantasy and not evil spirits and therefore should not be condemned.

" Harry Potter = Fantasy. Does not attribute power to evil REAL evil spirits.

"Cinderella/Fairy Godmother = Fantasy. Does not attribute power to evil REAL evil spirits."

"Pinochio = Fantasy. Does not attribute power to evil REAL evil spirits."

Sparlock the Wizard = Fantasy. Does not attribute power to evil REAL evil spirits."

• Recovery
    Recovery

Dressing up as demons and ghosts and devils for Halloween = Fantasy. Does not attribute power to evil REAL evil spirits.

• cedars
    cedars

I still want out. You're WAY too messed up, and you won't do any research. No offense but I honestly have better things to be doing than sorting your brain out for you.

Cedars

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

So who's going trick or treating this year?

I certainly am.

• Recovery

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit