Jwfacts, Why Do You Equate Miracles With Magic?

by Recovery 398 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

LWT- what costume will you be adorned in?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

So who's going trick or treating this year?

I am! I'm going as Sparlock, the Miracle Wizard!

• Recovery
    Recovery

Some people seriously think I'm crazy and a lunatic (like the Conti thread). I don't know why, do some of you struggle with recognizing rhetorical sarcasm? Yes I am waaaaayyyyy past your help cedars. My mind is simply far too gone. I guess if I don't devote every minute of every hour reading Ray Franz 1200 page testimony I have just decided to not do any research. I guess if I start threads exposing obvious fallacies and asking questions like everyone else here does on this forum I am seeking attention and am a troll.

Does anybody else want to tell me what I am? Maybe someone can tell me if I'm obese or anorexic.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Rip Van Winkle: Last year I went as a Medical Doctor. I'm thinking about going as 'Howard' from Big Bang Theory this year.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Oh, not really reading through the 7 pages since I posted last night, but in scanning I see Recovery using "false analogies" all over the place. Can I safely assume that he got schooled and then reverted to full troll mode?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

You mean Magic not Miracle, Sparlock is from the Devil and glorifies Jehovah's nemesis and will make him sad on halloween, you don't want to make Jehovah sad do you. If he gets sad and cries it might rain for fourty day and fourty night and we know what happened the last time Jehovah got sad,,people and animals drowned is his tears of sadness.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well I played with a ouija board when I was young. A friend and I made significant eye contact, and we worked together to spell out Uncle George. It wasn't spirits, it was us being funny. but everyone else thought it was spirits, and we never told. Ah well. LOL, maybe one of those old friends is holding a mic in a kingdom hall today and with wide eyed fanatacism is telling the room how they played with a ouija board once and the spirits sent messages! LOL

I'd let a child dress as wizard, gobblins etc on Halloween. It's just silliness and hurts nobody.

I don't watch slasher films because I don't like gratuitous violence----not too concerned about demons though. In fact, a lot of my friends in High School watched those movies on a regular basis. Decades later none of them have slashed anyone up nor do they seem possessed by demons. They are all pretty regular people. to hear a JW tell it, half the US should have fared much worse, but they didn't.

Such a silly thing to get worked up over and have so much anxiety over. There are plenty of real things to worry about, why add a bunch of myths to make life more complicated?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes, New Chapter... Gratuitous violence, eh? He he he... ** smacks lips ** he he he... ** slurp **

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That's why you don't get any kisses, Monkey!

• shamus100
    shamus100

No, it's because inside you do nothing but hate. HATE. ** runs off from the thread sobbing **

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit