Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear NewChapter..

you asked: "What exactly, without metaphor, do you think happens to those who die unrepentant?"...Jesus said to one of His called out ones: "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to fall into sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— where

‘Their worm does not die
    And the fire is not quenched.’

And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— where

‘Their worm does not die,
    And the fire is not quenched.’

And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— where

‘Their worm does not die
    And the fire is not quenched.’ mark 9:42-48

dear elderelite...

you said: "But you dont deny that its what you say WILL happen because you are saying shes lying about her connection go god, his son and his spirit. How very nice of you :-)"...not really, I'm sure that she is very sincere in her belief but I also perceive her to be deceived by a spirit who isn't the Holy Spirit, just like sapphira who showed herself to be in collusion (NOT WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT) with her husband who's heart satan had filled to LIE.

dear "ananias"...

"Tasteless Salt Is Worthless"

“For everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt. Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace with one another.” mark 9:49-50 (john 17:6-19)

love michelle

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i love sir82's observation.

zealots can't explain all the needless violence if god is so powerful.

actually, our 2 resident zealots can't agree with themselves (1 says they died on their own, and the other says holy spirit struck their unrepentant ass)

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    and the other says holy spirit struck their unrepentant ass)

LOL

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

jesus is getting mean per zealot #2 account............ he's not so kind

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well that's really a sad thing to believe, Michelle. I can't even imagine how you could ever have a single day of peace if you thought someone you loved could be in such a place at this very moment. I think my heart has always been a bit too tender for this flavor of Christianity. Some people are better at compartmentalizing than I am. When I used to believe this barrel of toxic waste, I would wake up at night sick with despair worrying about people I loved that had died. It didn't make me love this god or his son at all. In fact, I viewed them as monsters.

Now---well I don't have to worry about that anymore. I still feel bad for those that do.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The giant elephant in the room that few are willing to admit is that the God figure allows Xians a way to tell others to go to Hell, and in their minds gives them the plausible deniabilty to act like it's not actually them saying it. It's passive-aggressive at its core, with God as the invisible bully.

If you want to tell someone off, then fine, do so: it's healthy at times to vent, and indicates a strong ego. But at least have the courage of your own convictions to not act like you're just the messenger, and the other person shouldn't really hold it against you....

Own your words...

• elderelite
    elderelite

THats the good thing about Thor worship. THor is pretty cool with whatever you want to belive as long as you own it. No lying or decieving. Just own your POV and its cool. you can bet your sweet ass (if your ass is sweet) that if the Thunderer had struck them down he would said so plainly and then gave a shoulder shrug. He's a god afterall. He dosent sweat how you view it.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I sorta of get the feeling Myelaine is a bit jealous of Tammy and even more so of Shelby.

• J. Hofer
  • myelaine
    myelaine

dear NewChapter...

I don't like the fact that some people do go to hell. But I also know that God is righteous and He has sent His Son to save people from that place. Hell was created for the rebel angels and I'm also of the mind that they themselves have "created" it.

You have said that you don't think this earth is such a bad place to be. I know that living in the "west" isn't so bad at all, but there are places on this earth that are a hairs breadth away from hellish for most of the constituency. Whould you like this earth so much if you were living like that and everywhere you turned you saw chaos and misery and evil towards these poor ones without any relief in sight?...I wouldn't. The spirit of the most robust would soon wither while the body remained. The bible talks about this when it says that a man will hope for death but it will not come...it will flee from him.

This is the darkness that will remain for those who refuse to come to the Light of the world who is Jesus Christ. You will notice that I say refuse...they have also, like some angels, rebelled against the Light. There are many, many people throughout time who haven't heard the gospel these ones have never rebelled...there is a difference between neutrality and rebellion.

When Jesus first appeared on earth it was noted that the Light had appeared and people were called into that Light. That Light is now in heaven in the kingdom of God. The absence of that Light is darkness...the same darkness that is spoken of in Jude 6.

I am not here to condemn people to hell or anything of the sort. I am here to warn people of the consequenses of refusing or outright rebellion against the Light. I thank God for the extra time He has given the church to sound the alarm. Those who will hear and respond to the Light are very precious to me, they are my neighbours in the heavenly kingdom.

The reason I am relentless in my ministry is because I take God very seriously. I have made confessed with my mouth and believe in my heart. I value integrity and loyalty. the confession: (the apostles creed) is a vow of sorts between God, the church/brotherhood and myself. When I see one of my brothers in the faith being duplicious by confessing that creed and yet encouraging someone who doesn't agree with that creed in their belief(ie: if one in convinced and confesses that the Almighty is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit then it is self evident that he is lying to God, his brethern and all the angels when he encourages one to believe that God is also NOT of that nature); loyalty to God and that brother compells me to say something. Not only for the sake of that brother but for the sake of the one he has been intrusted by God to teach and shepherd. The bible says that if the blind lead the blind then both shall fall into the ditch...the same goes for someone who is misdirected because they are being encouraged along the wrong way.

Now it is true that Jesus said that you have no need of a teacher because the Holy Spirit would lead you into all truth...but He said that to the teachers, the apostles who He hand picked personally...Tammy says that she doesn't need to be taught by anyone because she has the "spirit of christ" to teach her...but just because a spirit seems loving doesn't mean that spirit is the real Holy Spirit who leads into all truth. Seriously, she would have everyone believe that everything that Jesus said about the reality of a place called hell and everything He said about the consequence of rejecting His salvation and the seriousness of sin before a Holy God are "not coming from a heart of love" and therefore not from her "spirit of christ" which she believes to be the uncompremised truth. She believes and would have us believe that from the very beginning when the church started warning about consequences up until today there has been grave apostasy starting with the false pen of the scribes who wrote the gospel and letters that were collected to become our bible...like it was some big ass conspirecy to control people. Jesus called on "peter" to feed/teach the sheep. the bible is set apart from the evil perpetrated by some of histories "shepherds" in the fact that it remains and they are no longer here. "Peter" still feeds the sheep. And "peter" still has the authority to shepherd the sheep in absence of Jesus Christ...He never took that calling away and so when Tammy rejects the food/teaching of the church in favor of "a loving spirit" she is directly rejecting those who Jesus placed over her as an authoritive voice on matters pretaining to God, her salvation and the effective working of "the body". like the rebel angels she instigates chaos and rebellion...regardless of how sweetly she flavors it.(jude 8)

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit