Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol i think that is progress for tammy :-)

• tec
    tec

lol...

I'll try and save all my snarkassery for the pair of you.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I like this new Tammy, no longer wiping the dust from her sandles. They throw dust she throws it back and then winks.

• elderelite
    elderelite

No more of that turn the other cheek crap.... They slap her , she knocks'em out!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Tams said:

I'll try and save all my snarkassery for the pair of you.

I think we're going to regret creating this monster in a few months, EE! Tams is hybridizing words for dramatic effect at an incredible rate!

EE, we probably should start a boot camp program for some of our ladies of JWN, eg the best NC could come up with earlier today in verbal retaliation was to call me a "poopie-head"....

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

call me a "poopie-head"

This makes me feel summoned somehow.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol oh i think NC could better, but se didnt wanna hurt your feeling :P im taking a semi snarky tammy and claiming total victory!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

So to link this to what is happening on the board---are you saying that some here are following the NOT right Christ?

New Chapter

Sorry for the delay in answering.

I was giving an example of one of the things I found interesting in Myelaine's post. As you asked me what i'd found interesting. The reason I found it interesting is similar to what you say here,

I do think that each flavor of Christianity is pretty convinced that they have the right Christ, and other Christians don't. Not all flavors, but most.

This reminds me of Matthew 7:21

21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew ? YOU ! Get away from me, ? YOU ? workers of lawlessness (NWT)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Indeed. And every sect and flavor of Christianity claims that scripture for themselves in that they apply it to other Christians. It's kind of one of my favorites, in fact, because it makes it possible for people who are culturally very similiar, religiously similiar, and right next door to each other to claim the other isn't really a Christian. And they don't hesistate to do so! That scripture is what guaranteed that Christians would not have peace between themselves, and humans often don't rise above expectations.

It really feeds the desire to be self-righteous, to point, to judge, to be superior, to be right---all those things that validate some people.

So it's good to know that Christians don't run around only telling nonbelievers that they are going to Hell, or being judged, or whatever the flavor, but that scripture allows them to tell each other.

• Theocratic Sedition

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit