Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Well I found it interesting.

19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, (NWT) Matthew 28.

21 And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. (NLT) 1 Peter 3.

3 Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? 4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. (NLT) Romans 6

The reason I found it interesting is that the Christ according to Jehovah's Witnesses is an angel and the Christ according to mainstream Christianity is God, part of the trinity. Now if I'm baptised into an angel and I should be baptised into Christ part of the trinity then I'm part of a false Christ and vice versa.

Ananias and Shapphira were baptised into Christ.

For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptised into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. (NIV) 1 Corinthians 10

Like those who left Eygpt who were no longer in slavery those who are baptised into Christ are no longer slaves to sin. But it has to be the right Christ I think.

• tec
    tec

I think most of you know that you don't have to worry about me worrying about what someone else says to me about judgment or hell though ;)

*sigh*

This statement is true, but the winkie face at the end is bs. It has been bothering me since I typed it. It is not funny. It is sad. So there should not have been a winkie face.

Peace,

tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol its ok tammy, blame it on me influancing you to have a little smart ass jab at the end of these little exchanges...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Like those who left Eygpt who were no longer in slavery those who are baptised into Christ are no longer slaves to sin. But it has to be the right Christ I think.

So to link this to what is happening on the board---are you saying that some here are following the NOT right Christ? I do think that each flavor of Christianity is pretty convinced that they have the right Christ, and other Christians don't. Not all flavors, but most.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Well, I for one take that as a sign that Tammy is OWNING her statements, which is a fine step in the right direction. No need to blame anyone else (even volunteers, like EE) when you do that.

By doing that, Tammy, no one's going to think less of you, because that's kinda the whole point: people who don't believe in God didn't blame Him, so they've ALWAYS directed their hostility at the person who speaks the words. So the good news is, you've got nowhere to go but up!

• tec
    tec

I didn't mean it as smartassery (new word). But it implied that those words/warning/threat/accusation does not bother me, when that is not true. They do bother me; just not in the way I expect Michelle wanted them to bother me. I just find it sad.

I appreciate the offer of taking the blame :), but no, I also own my words. I'm not sure its a step though, Sol. I don't think I've ever hidden the words i speak, behind someone else... long ago like when I was studying with the WTS, sure. But not now.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Mostly, it was not truthful... the winkie face... and so it bothered me, and I corrected it.

Peace!

tammy

• tec
    tec

Ucantnome... baptism into something/someone who is NOT Christ is kinda pointless (depending on what you are looking to recieve), I agree, since it is Christ who is and gives LIFE.

Of course baptism by the wts, is baptism into them, not Christ at all.

However, instead of an either/or... Christ is an angel or He is part of a trinity... you could also just look at Him, and what He said about Himself. Son of God. Messiah. Word, Image of God. Truth. Life. Savior. You could also ask God to send you His Son and Spirit, and help you to understand.

But people tend to make things more difficult than they have to be.

Peace to you,

tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

Damn..... I was hoping you were going start being a little snarky tammy :-(

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

EE said:

Damn..... I was hoping you were going start being a little snarky tammy :-(

Me, too.... Heck, Tams, I'll take it all back if you're not going to at least show SOME snark (although I dare say this is the first time Tams has written out the word, "smartassery", so THAT'S gotta count for something).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit