Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yes, Michelle, I get where you are coming from. In fact, if I believed that somebody was stoking the flames for the people I loved, then I would be yelling it from the mountaintops. It would go something like this:

"THERE IS A GOD OF LOVE WHO IS MERCIFUL! HE CREATED YOU! HE LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEESSSSSS YOU! AND IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THAT, THEN HE WILL BURN YOU AND TORTURE YOU FOR AN ETERNTIY. THIS NEWS MAKES ME VERY HAPPY AND MAKES ME LOVE HIM EVEN MORE!"

Because I would definitely be terrified to say I DIDN'T love it, because the consquences for not loving it are pretty severe.

But I'm still very sad for you. You have not tested this, and just swallow it whole. That's a pretty irresponsible thing for someone that is spewing a pretty gruesome message. You told me that you don't even understand Evolution, and just accept creation. No testing at all. No awareness or curiosity, just the assured expectation that your god of love is going to burn the bulk of humanity forever. Sad. But I feel saddest for the children that are told these horror stories and inculcated with pure fear to bully them to love a god. I don't believe this god can be loved---only feared. I also believe this is why people are so disfunctional in their relationships---they equate abuse with love because that is how their god rolls.

The fact that you say you don't LIKE that people are burning in hell at this very moment (I wonder what that sounds like, at this very moment) tell me a lot. You don't LIKE it? Jesus f**king Christ, even a zombie would muster up a stronger emotion! And as much as I disagree with Tec, I find it truly disgusting that you have come on the internet to tell a stranger that if they don't change their course, your loving god will torture them forever.

But I know---the good book told you so, and you really don't have to look beyond that. So sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

• tec
    tec

The absence of that Light is darkness...the same darkness that is spoken of in Jude 6.

Now this I agree with. This is the outer darkness; those weeping and gnashing their teeth; the goats. They won't repent though... they will instead try and destroy what is within the kingdom, the light... and take what is within it (life, for one) by force. From Revelation, Gog and magog, riding across the breadth of the earth to destroy those within the Kingdom who belong to God.

They are destroyed instead.

if one in convinced and confesses that the Almighty is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit then it is self evident that he is lying to God, his brethern and all the angels when he encourages one to believe that God is also NOT of that nature

Just for the record, I do not confess such a thing.

And "peter" still has the authority to shepherd the sheep in absence of Jesus Christ

Does it make any sense at all that Peter could be present and Christ absent?

Is Peter more powerful than Christ? Do we follow Peter? What about Paul? Do we follow Paul? What about the Pope or any other church leader? Do we follow them? I believe even Paul admonished those who do this... or who do you think he was adressing when he reminded people that there was no church of paul, or apollos, or cephas? Was Paul just addressing the 'teachers' or 'apostles'... or was he addressing the people who should have been following Christ, but were instead leaning more on him and other 'leaders'?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Also, the kindness that some of you showed to me, even though we disagree on matters of faith, did not go unnoticed. So thank you. I think most of you know that you don't have to worry about me worrying about what someone else says to me about judgment or hell though ;)

I answer to Christ. He is a lot more merciful than some would portray Him as being. This does not make Him a pushover; just merciful and loving. Love is not a weakness either.

Peace to y'all!

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I think most of you know that you don't have to worry about me worrying about what someone else says to me about judgment or hell though ;)

True enough---but that doesn't absolve me of speaking up about it. However there are others who are deeply affected by such messages. I used to be one of them. It is destructive and robs a lot of people of joy. It even brought on panic attacks and intense fear. So my message is to those, don't be motivated by fear, be motivated by knowledge. Question these things. Don't allow yourself to get so twisted up that you mistake a god who tortures as a god of love. I don't want anyone worrying about dead loved ones like I did. It also made me easy prey for the JW's. If I had only questioned, instead of being motivated by pure fear, I may not have fiddled away so much of the last 20 years.

And I agree with KS about the elephant. This is a way to really threaten people that don't agree with you. 'You better say I'm right, or my daddy will burn you up!' It's simply wrong. But above all else, it is sad. I wouldn't want to be back in that darkness for all the Heaven in eternity. It's a sick and twisted teaching that originated in sick and twisted minds, and enslaves so many. And the children. . .

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

EE said:

THats the good thing about Thor worship. THor is pretty cool with whatever you want to belive as long as you own it. No lying or decieving. Just own your POV and its cool.

Well, this Thor God is a God I can get behind!! He sounds like a God you can enjoy sharing a beer with (well, not me: I'm highly allergic to malted barley, but that's besides the point), a God who understands that leadership is NOT about making threats and ultimatum, but uses his charisma to motive others!

True story: the General at Edwards AFB while I was there was a GREAT leader, who not coincidentally was blessed with charisma and people-skills out the yin-yang! He came into clinic one day, and he remembered the name of one of our techs who'd he'd met a year before in a crowd: he had a gift of remembering people and names! He didn't do it to show off: it was just HIM, and people WANTED to follow him, so he didn't have to use his authority to get compliance! Thor sounds like a similar kind of guy! A WINNER of the World!

you can bet your sweet ass (if your ass is sweet)

(some would describe it as "juicy" but that'll work, too.... Carry on....)

that if the Thunderer had struck them down he would said so plainly and then gave a shoulder shrug. He's a god afterall. He dosent sweat how you view it.

Well even though that statement kind of undermines all of what I wrote above, I will simply IGNORE it, and stick to my OWN VIEW of Thor, because that's what I do as a loyal servant: deny contradictory evidence and protect His image! ALL PRAISE be to Thor!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    And I agree with KS about the elephant. This is a way to really threaten people that don't agree with you. 'You better say I'm right, or my daddy will burn you up!' It's simply wrong.

Personally, I think the lack of a hell as supported via scripture is something the WT got right. At the same time, someone can take the illustrations in the Bible, and easily make the case for a hell even though at the end of the day their foundation is flawed because their arguments are based upon, illustrations. (as evidenced in the previous posts) What I wonder about at times is, back in Bible times, was the thought of a person ceasing to be simply not good enough for people? Obviously for those that hope in a heaven, and for JWs hoping to live in paradise that becomes apparent. People like that NEED to believe in something beyond death. However, after reading Myelaine's posts, I get the feeling that the teaching of a burning hell satisfies the feelings of revenge for believers. In Myelaine's posts you pick up on a person who's got a real passive aggressive attitude along with sociopathic leanings but cognizant of their being incapable of physically acting upon such.

It's similar to the WT article from years ago lamenting the existance of apostates and how in this day and age they can't simply exterminate them so they have to wait on JEhovah. You feel the same contempt from Myelaine, only she salivates for people to burn in hell, and all for the audacity of disagreeing with her interpretation of Scripture. So Tammy doesn't deny Christ, loves Christ, lives her life in harmony with his will, but she disagrees with Myelaine on certain pecularities including the submittion to The Church which is synonomous with Peter, so Tammy's got to fry.

Ya gotta love it.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think myelaine makes some interesting points.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Which ones?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Im sure you've read them as well as I.

I found this interesting,

When I see one of my brothers in the faith being duplicious by confessing that creed and yet encouraging someone who doesn't agree with that creed in their belief(ie: if one in convinced and confesses that the Almighty is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit then it is self evident that he is lying to God, his brethern and all the angels when he encourages one to believe that God is also NOT of that nature);

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I see. So what would have been the proper action for this wayward brother in the faith to have taken?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit