Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

but...God is merciful and they do have until their last breath to confess their sin and repent...according to scripture

So tell me, Michelle, what happens if they fail to confess their sin and repent before their last breath? According to scripture? What do you think awaits the unrepentant sinne?. We won't comment specifically on any poster here, because that would be wrong. But just in general . . .

• elderelite
    elderelite

while i may not agree with her, i like tammy and therefore dont appreciate the obvious and unnessary insult.

How ironic it is that, while i and others on this thread may not profess a belief in christ nor believe she speaks with christ, We havent made any comparrisions that imply she will be struck down for blashmey. Its a shame,myelaine, that you cant follow you own lords words "he that is with me is not against me". Wether you agree or disagree with tammy she clearly loves christ as she understands him.

Once again, Thor's way is proven superior.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wether you agree or disagree with tammy she clearly loves christ as she understands him.

Once again, Thor's way is proven superior.

And hence why I propose a resolution that all faithful Thorists engage in a global War against all non-believers of Thor, wiping those non-converting heathens off the face of the Earth, clearing the way so that the proven superiority of Thorian Theocracy will rule!!!

(Uh, oh: here we go again....)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

This has always been one of my favorite lines of reasoning. "Honey, God just loves ya so much, he's gonna send you to Hell on a greased fire pole!"

It's not so much the judgement, although it kind of makes me sad that some are held under this fear, but it is more the tone that is set. I think this would be much more appropriate by way of tone:

As we sit here speaking, in relative comfort, some of your dead loved ones are writhing and screaming for mercy in an everlasting fire! Maybe you mother, maybe your uncle, maybe your best friend, and maybe your son or daughter. They are wailing and hurting and being tortured at just this very moment! But God wants you to be happy anyway! He figures you can simply forget about them and work for your OWN salvation! Now isn't that GOOD NEWS? And then I wouldn't end it with a heart---I think that is a poor choice, but since it has been chosen, I would end it this way,

Who can resist such a merciful, loving creator? Well I guess you can resist, but only at your own peril. PRAISE JESUS!

• myelaine
    myelaine

this very account of ananias and sapphira tells us that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit IS failure to repent.

the Holy Spirit informed peter that ananias was holding back and then peter, in confronting ananias with his deception, was offering ananias the opportunity to repent...(he didn't take it) and he continued to LIE. sapphira comes in and was confronted a well, but in collusion with her now deceased husband, she didn't take to opportunity to repent either but continued to LIE.

revelation 22:14-15: "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a LIE.

dear elderelite...

you said: "We havent made any comparrisions that imply she will be struck down for blashmey"...I wouldn't want that to happen...james 5:19-20.

love michelle

• sir82
    sir82

History of the world summed up in 5 steps:

1) "I'm right, you're wrong, so my God is gonna kill you."

2) "No, I'm right, you're wrong, so MY God is gonna kill YOU."

3) "Heck, I'm not gonna bother to wait for God, I'm gonna kill you myself."

4) "Not if I kill you myself first."

5) Survivors, go back to Step 1

Fortunately, we only get to step 2 on this forum.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

History of the world summed up in 5 steps:

1) "I'm right, you're wrong, so my God is gonna kill you."

2) "No, I'm right, you're wrong, so MY God is gonna kill YOU."

3) "Heck, I'm not gonna bother to wait for God, I'm gonna kill you myself."

4) "Not if I kill you myself first."

5) Survivors, go back to Step 1

And to add onto that, the accepted rule up to 500BC was that the God of the victors was clearly superior to the God that lost, and hence the survivors of the defeated camp "threw in the towel", taken captive, and simply accepted the new God as their own. After all, if the better God won, who wants to continue worshipping a weak God who loses?

HOWEVER, the Hebrews broke with that ancient tradition, and decided to make a series of excuses for why their God lost (eg YHWH wasn't really trying, because he was mad at us for something we did which offended him, etc). That stubborn resistance of the losers to admit defeat still lives on in the Abrahamic religions, and explains much of the conflict we see in the World today between Muslims, Christians, and Jews. No one is obliged to give in when they lost, since everyone's entitled to make excuses.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a LIE.

So Michelle, you still haven't answered my question. What exactly, without metaphor, do you think happens to those who die unrepentant?

I happen to like dogs, sexual immorality is subjective, not too fond of murderers, but that's kind of the situation we live with now, idolatry is pretty victimless, sorcerers don't bother me in the least and neither do witches or psychics or astrologers---i don't mind debating them but their mere existence is not something horrifying to me, and as for liars, well they are everywhere and I seem to do okay.

So are you saying that the unrepentent pretty much live as we do today with the same kinds of people we have always lived with, oh and dogs which I love, or does this go further?

So what is this outside that you have bolded? Is it a place? A condition? Because that list of people that will be there doesn't differ from the list of people in this world now, and I gotta say, it's not the worst place in the universe.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol!!!! U wouldnt want it to happen.... But you dont deny that its what you say WILL happen because you are saying shes lying about her connection go god, his son and his spirit. How very nice of you :-)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

How could you not want it to happen if it is God's will?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit