Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elderelite
    elderelite

Woe woe woe.... The bible dosent IMPLY god killed them? Are we reading the same book? Peter says "you played false to the holy spirit, look the feet of those that buried your husband are at the door to bury you", and she drops dead. You are suggestimg the two statments wernt deliberatly supposed to be linked together in causality??????

In other words, peter may just as well have said 'i had a ham sandwich for lunch. Look the feet of those that buried your husband are at the door to bury you' and she would have died "of shock" anyway? There is a very clear cause/effect described. Playing false to the holy spirit caused her death. The holy spirit killed her. There are countless examples of those who defied god, ayed false to the spirit, like balam who didnt die of shock. Clear cause and effect is at a minimum implied tammy dear....

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

good point ee. why'd peter keep that half of the money?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Woe woe woe.... The bible dosent IMPLY god killed them? Are we reading the same book? Peter says "you played false to the holy spirit, look the feet of those that buried your husband are at the door to bury you", and she drops dead. You are suggestimg the two statments wernt deliberatly supposed to be linked together in causality??????

I am so saddened to learn that you and Tommy the Sledgehammer lied to me and kept what was mine. You lied to me, and that really hurts. Tommy is wearing cement shoes under the pier, and that's where you will end up too---through no fault of my own. It just happens that way. Break my heart, and you sink under the pier.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Exactly. Its mofioso 101. Its a protection racket. 'pay me 100.00 denari a week or your sandwhich shop may accently burn down, through no fault of mine of course'. But silly me ( and billions of others), we mistakenly drew a cause/effect because of the way WE misread it... Our bad. Poor couple both just happen to have weak hearts. At the same time.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yes. It is complete nonsense that we drew such a conclusion from what is written. BOY what an overreach! How completely illogical! We simply don't have a grasp of language. So glad that was clarified for me---I understand so little of what I read. I have a particularly difficult time with subtext.

So we are clear. I don't believe that any gods killed A&S. But I KNOW that story was written to say that a god DID kill them. I've always had pretty good reading comprehension. It's hard to believe that anyone that doesn't speak directly to Jesus could really understand anything written, but we do. It's not a special privilege. It's not magical. We read. We understand. And no amount of somersault speech can change that.

• elderelite
    elderelite

With respect NC, we CAN speak to the lord. We just dont hear him answer.

Unlike Thor who makes himself heard very clearly :D

• tec
    tec

Cause and effect is indeed implied, EE. But that does not make the cause or effect 'God killing them'.

I asked this of NC earlier:

So... for someone who is big on evidence (and by evidence, I think you mean proof), what evidence do you have that God zapped them?

But I KNOW that story was written to say that a god DID kill them.

How do you know this? Because I never got that from the story, and I also have pretty good reading comprehension. So how do you KNOW this?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

And even if it was written for that purpose (I see no evidence of that, but on the off-chance) even THAT does not imply that God did kill them. Just that someone might have thought so (though again, that isn't there) You, yourself, agree that God did not kill them. So you, yourself, can imagine all sorts of other possibilities to account for the story.

But in the end, we both agree that God did not kill them.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Because I read it, and I didn't have a filter on my eyes. I did not edit it to fit in with who I want Jesus to be. I simply read it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

In other words, peter may just as well have said 'i had a ham sandwich for lunch.

I'd like to have something clarified if I may....Were the apostles eating ham sandwiches while all this dying was happening? The bible doesn't directly say they weren't.

I think they may have been...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit