Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still thinking
    still thinking

I belive EE....He told me to stop relying on google search engine and only to use it to confirm what he says...and it works!!! Praise Thor!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

In Acts chapter 8 there is an account of Simon and Philip. Simon had practised sorcery and the people were amazed. Simon believed and was baptized. In the verse 13 it says

13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw (NIV)

The account tells of Peter and John coming and placing their hands on those who had been baptized but the Holy Spirit had not come upon them. Verse 18,19 says

18 When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” (NIV)

I think Ananias and Sapphira would have had the Holy Spirit and would have seen things like Simon saw but still they went against it deliberately. They had put the flesh to death and now they put the spirit out of their hearts. There was nothing left.

Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit (NIV)

That's how I see it.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

NC (AKA Beano) said:

To answer the heathen's question---KS who is also known as Shrinky Dink---I was actually making a very dignified referral to the masturbation video where it was pointed out that the gestures kind of taught a person how it all went, and then told them not to do it.

What IS IT with you and that DAMNED MASTURBATION VIDEO?!? You keep bringing it up, every excuse you GET, even though it's OFF-TOPIC!!

Get over it, Beano: just accept that masturbation is a normal, natural sexual activity, when a man and his hand are so deeply in love that they feel a special bond, and need to express their feelings for each other. It's downright BEAUTIFUL, I say: BEE-YOU-TIF-FULL!!! Didn't your Grandmother explain any of THAT to you!?

I guess I'm just not Omniscient. I wonder who is?

Ohhh, lookie at you, with the sly jabs. Kudos, NC: kudos. That one stung reallyyy baddd....

But back to the Thor thing: this religion isn't some kind of authoritarian mind-control cult, is it (and yes, I probably should've asked that BEFORE joining.... I coulda had a V-8, too)?

For example, say there's a difference of opinion: am I supposed to check the other believers 'join date' in the cult in order to determine if I out-rank them, and can voice my opinion, or if I need to kow-tow and bite my tongue, even if it's over a known fact?

Guess what I'm asking is this: does Thor use a well-identified chain of command (AKA pecking order) so everyone in the religion knows where they are in the command-and-control process? I know, it sounds kinda authoritarian (vs letting actual TRUTHS be the yard-stick), but I am coming from the JWs who use that kind of thinking (GB, anyone?), and would really hate to abandon a valid and proven method for determining veracity of claims that's so clearly worked well in the past for many others, countless times....

ST, does the same general prohibition of not testing God apply to Thor, too?

If not, I'd like to try that again, and if we get two-in-a-row, all my doubts about Thor's powers will be washed from my brain; my brain will be washed.

So I'm opening my mind to Thor now, and he's moving my fingers via his command of electrical impulses to type:

"oksady sideahy 346"

Is it a name? I dunno... Spooky....

So we give it a few hours, try loading that in Google, and if it points back to JWN, Thor INDEED is the Lord! Greetings! ALL PRAISE THOR!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

What IS IT with you and that DAMNED MASTURBATION VIDEO?!? You keep bringing it up, every excuse you GET, even though it's OFF-TOPIC!!

So did you notice that the guy in the Teens-like- Absolam illustration is probably the same guy in the masturbation video? I posted comparison pictures here:

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

NC said:

So did you notice that the guy in the Teens-like- Absolam illustration is probably the same guy in the masturbation video? I posted comparison pictures here:

It seems Beano is drifting into full-blown "WT Illuminati conspiracist theory" territory, seeing connections even where they don't actually exist. *Sigh*

Next you'll be claiming that GIF boy is sending you messages which you hear as voices in your head....

No worries, though: I'm sure you could pull off a haute couture tin-foil hat look like these:

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Okayeeee---now the evidence!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yeah, well in case you hadn't noticed: the mannequin in the pix wearing the haute couture tin-foil hat looks ALOT like your avatar..... Hmmmm, could it be??

Oh, and don't deny that when you looked at that pix, the following thought ran thru your head: "ohh, that's kinda cute; I could see wearing it with my hair up, and lopping off THAT wing, etc ..."

Okayeeee---now the evidence!

And I meet your bid, but raise by submitting compelling counter-evidence:

• elderelite
    elderelite

KS, we have found Thor to be extremly flexable. He fits whatever we need him to be :-)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yeah, well in case you hadn't noticed: the mannequin in the pix wearing the haute couture tin-foil hat looks ALOT like your avatar..... Hmmmm, could it be??

Yes it could be. In fact, they took a cast of my face for that mannequin. Not only that, I designed that hat. The proof is in the pictures. They got the eye color close, but for some reason, the nose on the mannequin came out quite a bit larger than my own. It would have been cost prohibitive to have it fixed though, so I grin and bear it.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

NC, since you're soooo aware of noses, compare the noses of the LD Philips wanna-be: one's got an innie, the other's got an outie. So unless they give free nose jobs to Bethelites, that's a FAIL for you... I won't even rub it in by mentioning the angles of the ears, hairline, etc.

(Note to self: buy stock in Alcoa, as Beano will be sending sales THRU THE ROOF!).

KS, we have found Thor to be extremly flexable. He fits whatever we need him to be :-)

Hmmm, kinda getting cold feet now.... While it sounds mighty appealing that he's flexible, are we talking 'Unitarian-style' flexible? Flexability is an open invitation for dictate by whim. See where I'm going with that?

And now that I think of it, I know NOTHING about Thorian eschatology, i.e. did he leave a book expressing his will, his master plan? I need a God who gives me confidence that he knows what he's doing, where we're going (eg the ability to KNOW future events is a minimum requirement). He's not just a reactive God without any insight into the future, who just makes it up as he goes along, is he? Hell, I can do THAT!!

Gawd, there's just so much I don't know about Thorianism (does anyone get struck down by lightning for working on Thursday, his Sabbath? etc)....

I guess I'll let my final decision hinge on the outcome of the Google re-test: that seems like a "nothing can go wrong" way to decide....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit