Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
  • King Solomon
    King Solomon

Uh-oh: that guy's already scowling at me, so I'm not sure I want to hear what he's going to have to say....

• still thinking
    still thinking

KS...just because we do not necessarily agree on the details...DOES NOT mean Thor is not real. WE just have to listen....when we hear for ourselves the conflicting evidence we will understand.

You will not understand if you close your mind to these possibilities. Thor is there to help you...open your heart and your mind.

By the way...I did a search on your spiritual writing...it seems the message may not be from Thor....but it could just be a delay...or a spelling error. Maybe your fingers have an independent spirit? Or, you could be letting your own desires get in the way of 'hearing' properly.

Your search - "oksady sideahy 346" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

• Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    • Try different keywords.
    • Try more general keywords.
  • still thinking
    still thinking

That was a good video NC....that is why Thor does not need a bible.

What ever happened to Itshehe? Do we still have followers?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

ITSHEHE! That was the god we built! We haven't heard from itshehe in a while. I think I'll have to resurrect that thread!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Beano, I checked that video out and I suppose it might be persuasive to someone like you who's compelled by calm, reasoned logic, presented in a lucid, coherent manner. But as you well know, I am NOT that type of person, instead preferring a hot-headed, fly-off-the-handle ad-hominem approach, myself. So count me out. What can I say? It's a style thing, a personal preference, and you've gotta be true to yourself...

ST said:

KS...just because we do not necessarily agree on the details...DOES NOT mean Thor is not real. WE just have to listen....when we hear for ourselves the conflicting evidence we will understand.

Here's a whacky thought: it may mean Thor did NOT approve of my general snarkiness, and has decided to withhold his gift of prophecy from me? That's a crushing thought: being rejected by Thor!

(It's a bit like when someone has to consider that they may in fact NOT be smart enough to be a JW, or when someone fails their logic or ethics class and has to admit that they are failures at logic (or ethics). Those are some stunning ego-crushers, full-contact body slams, believe-you-me, and you don't just spring back into action a day or two later.....)

Which reminds me of something Beano mentioned: "Shrinky-Dink". Beano, are you a prophet of Thor? Because how else would you or anyone else know my Chat Roulette nick-name?

Thor works in mysterious ways. that's for sure....

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry that I left mid-conversation, and didn't make it back 'till now. Busy couple of days, even though I'm trying to keep things calmer/slower lately...

BUT, and i understand u are going to work, but when you respond, your last post on page 8. YOu plainly say that the spirit can translate teachings clearly sometimes to the languages of men, thus inspiring my remarks above... Thats what i am focusing on.

I have read through my post on page 8, but I cannot find where I said this. I think I kinda said the opposite.

I think I said that no language translates perfectly to another language. So that while the person hearing might have understood... perhaps in a deeper more spiritual way than the written word... others (like scribes) might not understand clearly. And the same way that subsequent teachers add their spin according to their understanding/knowledge... the scribes and subsequent teachers could have (and did in cases) done the same.

The fact that you are saying god cant convey a message clearly to the beimgs he created. Its insanity.

It is a limitation on our behalf. It was not meant to be so... but the further we get away from him and the truth, and the more we accept what others teach as truth, the harder it becomes to hear... or to even acknowledge His voice or the spirit/ual.

I think it is one of the reasons He sent us Christ, though... so that we could have an image of Him that was true, that we could see and touch and hear with our physical senses. Even then though, not many received Him, or the truth he taught.

Per the Bible and Jesus, God makes the law: a life for a life IS a cornerstone of Biblical justice, and it's demonstrated throughout by examples.

Christ also did away with eye for eye... and if God does not change, and Christ is the image of God, then eye for eye was never what God wanted or demanded. But rather it is what the people understood.

Lets not overlook that peter denied the lord 3 times! Wha bigger blashmey could there be????

True... (though any sin against the man would be forgiven, Christ said). But think about that for a moment. Did Christ strike Peter down for that? Or did He forgive Him? So why would Christ (or God, since seeing Christ is seeing God) strike down A & S? It does not follow.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Ucantnome... I tend to think the same, even though I might not understand the 'how' of it. Very well stated.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Thor did NOT approve of my general snarkiness, and has decided to withhold his gift of prophecy from me? That's a crushing thought: being rejected by Thor!

Thor does not disapprove of general snarkiness. You may confusing him with another god.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah...I think Thor is pretty laid back about the snarky thing...well...thats what he told me

Thor would NEVER withhold ANYTHING from you KS....you just need more faith....it's not that you are lacking...you just haven't got enough...LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit