Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think lying and dying is under reported....and it has reached epidemic proportions worldwide.

You can tell by the world population explosion. It would be so much worse if people weren't lying.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

you know really, if I found out someone lied to God, and then I wanted to point it out, but I knew the shock of being told they had lied to God would kill them on the spot----I might not say anything.

It's not really that I have any compassion for the beastly god liar. Horrible people that really deserve to drop dead on the spot. It's just that it is such an inconvenience. So what do I do? Have my entire day trashed by having to call the police, the ambulance, loved ones and then having to fill out reports, tell my story, get questioned. THEN I'm probably obligated to attend a funeral, and if it is a close family member I just killed with information, I may even have to plan that funeral, and that means I may have to come up with the money. I might have to buy a new outfit too. Clean the car so it looks good in the procession. Write thank you notes for all the flowers that I had to dispose of. It could be raining at the grave site.

I'd save myself a great deal of trouble if I just kind of looked the other way. I mean, it could even be my child! That would truly SUCK! I wonder fi Ananias and Sapphira had parents. I bet they wish that Peter had just minded his own f**king business, because now who would take care of them in their old age? Maybe half that field was actually held back to take care of them, so now they have to deal with THAT guilt. Maybe they just dropped dead too.

Yeah---here is my advice. If you see someone trying to commit fraud against God, and in this case fraud would mean you don't give over all your profit and you kind of lie about it, just stay vewy vewy quiet! God's looking to zap~!

• tec
    tec

Maybe half that field was actually held back to take care of them, so now they have to deal with THAT guilt.

Then why lie about it? They didn't have to do anything at all, give anything at all. Why lie about it?

Peace,

tammy

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

TEC said:

God cannot be fooled.

Raises an interesting question: can God fool himself, suffering from self-delusion? I could think of a few good examples where YHWH seemingly deluded himself, enough to experience "regret" afterwards for something He did....

And maybe the biggest question is: can God experience a 'God delusion'?

• tec
    tec

God's looking to zap~!

So... for someone who is big on evidence (and by evidence, I think you mean proof), what evidence do you have that God zapped them?

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Then why lie about it? They didn't have to do anything at all, give anything at all. Why lie about it?

VALID QUESTION! I mean, if they KNEW that lying to their god would cause them to seize in shock and drop dead on the spot, then why lie about it? Crazy people if you ask me. Swindling a god is serious business and leads to dropping dead. I was at Walmart, and this kid was screaming and kicking, and oh just driving me crazy! And the mom said, "As God as my witness, if you don't quiet down, I am taking you home!" Yeah well it didn't work. Nope. The kid just kept kicking up a fuss (you'll have that in Walmart). And I like, I like really got tired of it, and my patience was just at it's end. I couldn't think, I couldn't compare prices, I couldn't focus on taking pics of funny dressed people for that website, and I was like, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH goddamit.

So I went up to that woman, and I said, "You said 'as god as your witness...." and look, you have not removed that snotty, screaming, hungry, tired, untrained monster from our midst! What the hell were you thinking woman? GOD WAS YOUR WITNESS, and YOU LIED! Now you have to drop dead. Sorry, but the shock of what I'm telling you will just kill you."

Yeah, and to emphasize my earlier point, that left me with a screaming child, police reports, ambulance questions, phone calls and I was late for my appt with my trainer. And trust me, if you think lying to God is bad, try being late for your trainer!

• tec
    tec

You keep playing then, NC. I am moving on...

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Party Pooper!

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, I'LL LIE, STEAL, CHEAT OR KILL! *sniff*! She BETTER make good on that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn26pEDEhyY

• elderelite
    elderelite

What i find facinating too is another omission... Dear tec (peace to you!) has asserted that god wasnt the one that killed them because the bible dosent expressly say he did.... I find it telling that the same account also dosent say anything about the apostles not keeping the portion of the money that they gave. Blood money. How nice. Go ahead and donate, we'll see you dead for not giving us ALL your money and whats more we'll keep what you dod give us... It was a willing donation after all :)

Hypocrasy at its finest.

• tec
    tec

Go ahead and donate, we'll see you dead for not giving us ALL your money and whats more we'll keep what you dod give us

This spin is not corroborated by the account. Nor does the bible even imply that God killed them, never mind that it does not expressly state it.

Since you are making a play omissions... it also does not state that they did keep the portion of money given.

Not saying that is what I think either way; just playing off your own statements.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit