Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

I have no notion of what this god should be outside of what I read.

Okay then. So the bible is your 'image' for God. That is why you and I cannot see eye to eye. The bible is not my image for God. Christ is.

Peace to you,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You would at least say... there is a discrepency.

There is no discrepency. Jesus agreed with everything written about his father. No discrepeny. He may have introduced some new way, but he did not erase history, nor did he change his god. Not at all. He may have desired to change human behavior. This makes sense because they were now under Roman rule and the power of enforcement had been passed on to the state. It would do no good for these people to continue to carry out tribal justice. They needed a new way to do things so they were not annihilated.

But the god remained the same. Jesus didn't come to change the way his god did things, only the way humans did them. No discrepency at all----unless you think the scriptures that say Jesus was in total agreement with his father are wrong. Perhaps Jesus was not in total agreement with his father. He never once said that what was written in the past was invalid. In fact, he read from those writings and quoted them often.

The DISCREPENCY is only with your understanding of Jesus. Taken as a whole, we get a guy who said things in a nice and gentle way representing a brutal god that kills people. Well it is a spokesman's job to ease the sting of the real person.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm sure all those lying bible scribes must have fallen down dead after they wrote all those lies. Dead scribes everywhere! The streets would have been a mess with the bodies of lying scribes. You could tell who were the truthfull ones...because they were still alive.

• still thinking
    still thinking

The bible is not my image for God. Christ is...tec

The bible is your image for christ...who is your image for god....same same.

Quote:

If it disagrees or is in conflict with the Image Christ presented or a teaching He gave us... then I dismiss it as a)being wrong, or b) being misunderstood by us.

• tec
    tec

Jesus agreed with everything written about his father.

Then why would he say 'woe to the scribes'?

Why would he correct so much misunderstanding, if everything ever said, written, believed about his father was correct?

Why would He say that no one knows the Father except those who the Son chooses to reveal Him to?

Why would He say that if you have seen ME, you have seen the Father? Why not say, if you search the scriptures, you'll know God... if that is all it took?

Why did so many NOT recognize Him as the Truth and Image of God, if everything they had written about God was true? Then they should have seen that in His Son and Image, should they not have?

And why would God send them the Teacher at all, and tell the people to listen to HIM... if everything being taught by books and other teachers was correct?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

I do not have an image for Christ, Still. He does not need an image. He is Himself, alive, and here.

It is people like those of the wts who set themselves up as an image or mediator to Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Who says? the bible....which you quote as 'what Jesus said' and like to quote to show 'how Jesus behaved'

No bible...no christ.

• tec
    tec

If a person states something heard from the spirit... then you would call it mumbo jumbo or delusion, and you would ask to see where it is written.

And if there was no Christ... there would no one for the NT to have been written about in the first place.

No Christ... no NT. Not the other way around.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

It's not ME that needs it written...it is you. Because if it wasn't you would have NO EVIDENCE whatsoever.

Everything you have said here is from the bible...you need it.

QUOTE:

Then why would he say 'woe to the scribes'?

Why would he correct so much misunderstanding, if everything ever said, written, believed about his father was correct?

Why would He say that no one knows the Father except those who the Son chooses to reveal Him to?

Why would He say that if you have seen ME, you have seen the Father? Why not say, if you search the scriptures, you'll know God... if that is all it took?

Why did so many NOT recognize Him as the Truth and Image of God, if everything they had written about God was true? Then they should have seen that in His Son and Image, should they not have?

And why would God send them the Teacher at all, and tell the people to listen to HIM... if everything being taught by books and other teachers was correct?

• tec
    tec

There would still be word of mouth.

There would still be the Spirit of Christ.

There would still be God.

Faith did not come from the bible.

Writings were made from faith... (some for history/moral lessons/etc as well)

Without a bible, there would still be faith.

And if I am not mistaken, it was you who has in the past asked for something to be shared that was not written in the bible... something revealed by the spirit... and then who said that it could not be true because it was not written.

I don't need something to be written. Sometimes, seeing it makes it easier for me to believe something I heard (in spirit). But that is a lack of faith. And i heard first.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit