Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

I disagree. This was your statement, after telling us not to read things into the story:

See my statement above.

Actually, I'll put it here:

True, NC, that is what I see into the story. I acknowledge that. I also think there is more to it than that as well, that i do not know anything about.
    But I am not making a statement other than that God did not kill them.

Peace,

tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

HEHEHE!!!! NC did good.. she got a hitler referance in on page one! that's pretty damn good... im only sorry i dindt do it...

• tec
    tec

Christ is concerned with the spirit, Sol... far more than the flesh. A spiritual teacher, physician, savior.

If you want to talk about what you think He should have come to teach instead, we can always start another thread, since I don't think it has anything to do with this one. But His teachings had to do with the spirit, and He does not ever attempt to hide such a thing.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---I consciously did that, and it made me laugh. But you see, I also added Pol Pot so that I was not biased!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Shock at being discovered. Ananias and Sapphira wanted to appear more holy than they were. They were willing to play false with the Holy Ghost for their own glory. They willfully conspired and let satan fill their hearts. They became a lesson for the entire church of God. Imagine their repentance in the resurrection; saved yet so as by fire. At least they died in church.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

(side point) I read the whole NT recently after reading about the lack of evidence for Jesus, so felt obliged to redo the leg work and not just take their word for it...

(main point) Well guess what, ..reading it while searching for the evidence was very eye opening and what struck me more than anything was that Paul was starting a cult. BAM! there it was... Whilst some of it reads like it happened, plenty of it doesnt (case in point this topic of A and S) and Pauls reasoning and critical thinking skills are very poor indeed. Plenty of circular reasoning and poor logic and many a faulty premise is used.

WHY don't we see it sooner for what it is, why? I am still kicking myself for wasting my life with this crap.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

WMF, don't be so hard on yourself: at least you're lucky in that you finally figured out that it's never too late to have a V-8...

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

why, of course god didn't zap them, as he's only a made up something. this account only shows the mafia-like structures the early christians already developed: give us all your money - what you hid something? BOINK! ah, and we'll get your wife too! SLASH!

glad i only grew up a JW and not an early christian.

• irondork
    irondork

Thanks for all the feedback. Lots of interesting comments. The main thing I took from this conversation is I think they were executed and it turns out they were not the only ones handled this way in the NT. So my initial question has been put to rest. The OT way of handling things did not necessarily die under the new covenant.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

thumbs up to j.hofer!

I don't get these people (maybe it's because were more civilized in this century). If I was nice enough to donate $$$$$, and subliminally omitted that I was richer than thought of (since I gave them 1/2 my house) --> normal people would be more than glad to take 1/2 my house............. but the cult started by these guys in the name of jesus and the big J use scare tactics with dire consequences?

sorry, not a good example of jesus' love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit