New GB Member - Mark Sanderson

by respectful_observer 205 Replies latest members adult

• kepler
    kepler

RE: Not showing up in the 1930 census.

I believe that was with regard to the young Ms. Balko. And her identity is a hypothesis. Still, at 71 now, that would place G. E. Rutherford's birthdate in 1941 or late 1940.

But still, what are the odds? A young man from San Diego ascending to the top of a secretive organization, showing very strong signs of being one of the elect early on. And his mother's maiden name happened to be Rutherford.

Now that would be like Gorbachev suddenly announcing that his mother's maiden name was Dzhugashvili and that he was born in Gori, Georgia where his mother was still in residence. Or near the summer cottage or dacha of ... What was the first name of that guy? I can't think of it. Uncle Joe? In this context perestroika would have had a completely new meaning, a dynastic restoration. And so would another idea: overlapping generations. Not quite, but close enough for a brass ring.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

I bet almost NO JW's even KNOW this happened......but 47 years old??????????

Was he one of those partaking and being called a weirdo before the 'new light' on overlappers?

LOL LOL..............these are truly the dumbest people on earth.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

His age is not that crazy.
    Ted Jaracz was 84 when he died in 2010. He was appointed in 1974. That's 36 years he was on GB. Which means he was appointed at 48 years old.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I see no reason whatsoever to conjecture a connection with Judge Rutherford. Rutherford is a very common surname. I don't see anything tangible mentioned that links Mark to the Watchtower president. The Balkos were married and so, unsurprisingly, they had children. Princess Bonnie was born in Texas, not California.

That is not to say that a link is inherently improbable. Just last month I discovered that Bonnie Boyd's husband, William J. Heath Jr., was related to one of the directors of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society that Rutherford had forced out of office in 1917. But I'm just not feeling it here.

Anyway, this gathers together most of what we know about the Rutherfords and Balkos:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/77915/29/Rutherford-Exposed-The-Story-of-Berta-and-Bonnie#3764414

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

47.... and single?... and appointed so early? I am getting ready to hit 46.... if my life had taken different turns, I coulda been in his shoes.

ok... I cannot say that with a straight face. blech. I am so glad I am not in that outfit anymore. I don't have enough of a filter to have kept my mouth shut in that Organization... must be why I left five years ago.

I knew a single regular pioneer back in the day, she would be what, 52 now? A GB member and younger than her? The ultimate single pioneer sister prize. Perfect match, eh donuthole? (You know of whom I speak) LOL. ok... that's mean, I know.

Snakes ()

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Cedars, yes indeed, that's the way I like it. Uh-huh, uh-huh.

• moshe
    moshe

Single? Well, I suppose, he was first somehow fully vetted by a trained anti-masturbation committee!

• Open mind
    Open mind

*marking* this food at the proper time.

Thanks,

om

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Holy shit.

Over the weekend I found out I actually met this guy earlier this year. Just never put 2+2 together.

One degree of separation!

And yes, he's young. The scuttlebutt is that he's 48, but he looks a lot older.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

He was born on April 2, 1965 so that makes him 47.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit