New GB Member - Mark Sanderson

by respectful_observer 205 Replies latest members adult

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

He's young but when you think about how young Nathan Knorr was when he became President of the Society or how young Milton Henschel was when he became a "director" of the Society you realize that Governing Body being "old men" was only because when they officially adopted that designation they were old. They had power for a very long time at a very young age. I don't know if we'll see any more men in their 20s or 30s become a part of that "club" but it happened in the not too distant past.

• happyshow
    happyshow

I've known the guy personally for quite a number of years. The last time I spoke to him was in 2006 though because I had moved as did he and we both happened to be visiting my home at the time. He is a pretty cool guy, very knowledgeable and has a very large library. Please do not use my post as flame bait.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Does anyone have video footage ala youtube or an audio talk by him to post? It'd be interesting to find out how he speaks and kinda get the gist of his personality.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks happyshow for that inside info. I certainly hope he is as "cool" as you say he is, and we certainly need knowledgeable people on the Governing Body to serve as a counterbalance for the likes of Anthony Morris. Unfortunately, nice people can still make great cult leaders if they buy into their own publicity.

Welcome to the forum.

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    So in 1957 we have a 27 year old man marrying a 16 year old girl
    in Clark County (Las Vegas) Nevada.

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Point #1: So an announcement was made at MW 20 days ago. I definately saw it up on Wiki and now they are mute over the matter. Will they back pedal or simply wait to make an announcement (with appropriate explanation as to why so young) at the elitist Annual Meeting?

I think they are about to get "sparlocked" again.

Point #2: If I was a cracker nibbler/wine sipper at Bethel having been there since before Freddie wandered around in those awful shirts I would be wondering.....

• mind blown
    mind blown

This is prue speculation of course. But I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the new WTS changes. It came out in Steven Unthanks case the atty for the WTS claims the FDS are not a real body of people....? It surly gets them off the hook for 144ooo numbers, the generation fiasco as well as bringing in a younger crop of GBs. If that's the case most JW's will swallow it whole.........new light and all

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Rethinking about it myself, it does seems if they dispensed with the literal interpretation of 144,000 that would solve a couple of their problems. . . I don't think it saves them any money though.

• soiledumpling
  • TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Hey everyone. Mark sanderson is from San Diego california, His family is (CLOSE TO A FAMILY I KNOW)

in fact (SOMEONE I KNOW USED TO) babysat mark severdays.

His dad lives here in san diego, and they serve on the Kindom Hall Building Committee,

I have all their adresses and phone numbers.

If you have any questions about them and their beleifs/motives,

im your guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit